Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

Saw a belter of one last night. Saw my pal with his pal from work's newborn wee girl on my twitter feed last night - the wee girl's been called "Baeli". I think it's supposed to be pronounced as "Bailey" but bloody hell.

wtf-meme.jpg

You should just reply to the tweet with that image.

I should, but that will just make things worse. I'm happy enough to try and forget and hope that by this time tomorrow/the day after that/next week I'll have forgotten this ever happened. I think we're all worse off for having heard about this poor wean's name.

It rips my knitting when people take a regular name and spell it differently so as to make it much less "standard". Why?! its not as if you go up to someone and say "my names Garry with two R's" It sounds the same as the name so it should just be spelled the exact same.

Worst names I've heard of is Pocahontas (I shit you not) for a girl and Wrangler for a boy (again I shit you not).

Edit: Forgot to mention I know of a guy called William Dick. His nickname is Wullie....Wullie Dick.

Edited by 11thHour

When Lady McB(eth) was in the maternity the story from the nurses was of a set of parents who were talked out of calling the wean "placenta".

Probs apocraphyl.

No doubt they called her "afterbirth" not wanting to be too posh.

Seen on facebook that someone had called their Bairn "diamond"

Hopefully their surname is White.

In the Kingsgate Centre, Dunfermline, my wife heard a young mum shout ''Dolce, leave Gabbana alane!''

Made up story. Don't tell lies.

A while ago I was doing some HR stuff, and someone showed me an application from some English lassie who obviously couldn’t decide whether she wanted to be an elf or a vampire – she’d changed her name by deed poll (from something prosaic like Sharon Smith) to something along the lines of Lilith Arwen Galadriel Lestat.

Never met her, but I assume she was a bit of a goth.