Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

Sounds like the name of a farm in rural Fife, probably pronounced entirely differently from how it's spelled.

You could be onto something there, maybe it is where the child was conceived...

im in an unfortunate position where my surname can be a first name and i constantly get emails referring to me by my surname, its even worse when they are replying to me and ignore the signature line on the bottom line.

Same here. My middle name can also be either a first name or a surname, so that doesn't help much either.

In my experience people don't read the signature on e-mails, they go by your e-mail address, e.g. signed Tommy Hunter, e-mail address Hunter.Thomas@yahoo.co.uk, and they e-mail back "Dear Hunter".

I get that even with my name the usual way round in my email address. For some reason I always feel it would be impolite to tell people "actually that's my surname". I did once address one such offender by his surname just to try and make a point, he immediately corrected me but didn't appear to cotton on.

I'm in the position where my first name and surname can be either which had led to lots of confusion over the years.

There was a poor child at my son's old nursery who had the unfortunate moniker of being called "Diesel", needless to say the child's father had the obligatory neck tattoo and massive wheels on his chav wagon!

Edited by statts1976uk

I seen one this morning, their surname is Clark, they named the child Kent. I have very little doubt this is purely for the school register jokes.

I put this forward last year when they found out it was a boy, never expected them to use it.

I went to school with someone called Chelsea Blues.

Hilarity when everyone clicked and made the connection between her name and the football team.

Chantelle seems t be the prime chav name