Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

On 09/03/2020 at 19:34, Arch Stanton said:

The name Kayleigh didn't exist before 1984.

Now just one Dick is responsible for 1000s of them.

image.thumb.png.4a1cc16a94e938acde574e58fc2db2e8.png

22 minutes ago, btchmakesandwich said:

I blame Fish.

Think Fish had the surname of Dick There must have been a Kayleigh  kicking around as i can remember him saying that he hoped that she was not to upset that he had wrote the song after they had split up

The name Kayleigh didn't exist before 1984.

Now just one Dick is responsible for 1000s of them.

image.thumb.png.4a1cc16a94e938acde574e58fc2db2e8.png

He just wants to say he's sorry....

It was based on one of Fish's old girlfriends called Kay, he didn't want to call it that so he added her middle name Lee.

22 hours ago, jock_the_squak said:

My youngest is Robyn - with a y as she says. When she was born 20 years ago my mother-in-law thought it wasn't a suitable name for a girl. 

Nothing up with it same name as my daughter. If it was an I then she has a point.

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Nothing up with it same name as my daughter. If it was an I then she has a point.

My kids half sister name also. My ex is a huge batman fan though....

• 2 months later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52648770

The father of a three-day-old baby who died after his mother tested positive for coronavirus has said the death of his miracle son was "beyond cruel".

Coolio Carl Justin John Morgan was born on 2 May at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend, but died three days later.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 22:47, Forest_Fifer said:

He just wants to say he's sorry....

It was based on one of Fish's old girlfriends called Kay, he didn't want to call it that so he added her middle name Lee.

Is there any truth in the story I was once told that that song was only as popular as it is because it came out at the same time as CD's and CD players and was therefor the first ( and sometimes only) Cd anyone could play in these new machines including being used for shops in demo's? would make sense if true as it's pretty pish

During the lockdown, I've been watch some Maury Povich clips (you know, that guy who says "You ARE the father!") and some of the baby names are incredible.  One was called Lyric and another was called - and I'm not making this up - PerfectPassion.

Is there any truth in the story I was once told that that song was only as popular as it is because it came out at the same time as CD's and CD players and was therefor the first ( and sometimes only) Cd anyone could play in these new machines including being used for shops in demo's? would make sense if true as it's pretty pish

No

Kind of a tangent here, but I have wondered why, given The King's popularity way back, there are no 50 and 60-year-olds called Elvis walking the streets of Scotland.

4 hours ago, Dr Koop said:

Kind of a tangent here, but I have wondered why, given The King's popularity way back, there are no 50 and 60-year-olds called Elvis walking the streets of Scotland.

About 6 years ago I worked with an Elvis. He would have been in his late 30s, I think

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

About 6 years ago I worked with an Elvis. He would have been in his late 30s, I think

Working with someone with a name like that is not something you will easily forget, he’ll be always on your mind.

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Thank you very much. 🤓