Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

I think the time to compare them will really be once their careers are over, now is the time to appreciate how both players are pushing the limits of what is possible in football, pushing each other to constantly re-write the record books.

If you insist on comparing them now, I'd be pretty surprised if Messi didn't end up with more career goals, more league titles, more Champions league titles, more international goals, more Champions league goals and more Ballons D'Or.

When Barca were at their best between 2009 - 2011 time was obviously when Messi shone brightest now that the team isn't as good and Madrid are the better side its easier to say Ronaldo is a better player

Ronaldo wouldn't have fitted so well into that great Barca side IMO

The fact that Messi holds most of the records already and is more than two years younger than Ronaldo(who physically matured at a much younger age) is very telling.

Ronaldo is 30 next year and for a guy who heavily relys on his physicality, it's all downhill from there.

Messi was, is and always will be better than CR7.

The fact that Messi holds most of the records already and is more than two years younger than Ronaldo(who physically matured at a much younger age) is very telling.

Ronaldo is 30 next year and for a guy who heavily relys on his physicality, it's all downhill from there.

I wouldn't be so sure. Ronaldo is a man who clearly keeps himself in excellent shape and I'd imagine trains harder than the average professional player. I don't think Ronaldo will start dropping in form until his later 30's. He's not known as an injury prone player either.

Messis got massive injury problems lurking due to the growth hormomes that got pumped into him at a young age. One bad knee injury and he'll go the same way as fat Ronaldo but in a shorter space of time

Edited by RandomGuy.

Not really, all that shows is he played in Spain from a younger age. Ronaldo reached 200 La Liga goals in much fewer games for instance.

Do you think Messi has ever been better with Ronaldo?

You accuse everyone else of being a fanboy, it looks like you're the most blatant on this thread....

Obviously, Ronaldo started playing in La Liga at a very different stage in his career to Messi - as you well know.

I'm a big Ronaldo fan, but you can't not acknowledge what Messi has achieved. I prefer a more direct approach from a player (Ronaldo), rather than the tity taty movement (Messi). Just my preference. Hopefully Ronaldo will win the Ballon D'Or this year and next and they finish with 4 a piece.

Messi does seem to prefer quick one-twos on the edge of a box or quick interplay within the box, while Ronaldo prefers to finish a cross or drive at the defence and drive one in. Pretty basic way of interpreting them though.

Downhill from 30? :lol:

This is 2014, not 1984.

Messi is face of FIFA>Ronaldo face of Pro Evo.

Says it all IMO. :P

Seriously though I don't see how anyone could say ones better than the other. Everybody will have a preference but arguing who's better you're never going to convince anybody to change their minds.

I'm 100 percent on the fence, if push came to shove I'd choose Ronaldo for Arbroath but don't think that will ever happen as we have Bobby Linn who's clearly the better player.

Where did I deny being a fan boy? Be very specific.

So you're a fanboy then?

Okay :unsure:

Do you have posters of "CR7" on your wall? How about his brand duvet?

It's all a bit weird tbh.

Well, the St. Johnstone poster seems to be admitting he's a fanboy.

As for me - I think Ronaldo is better currently, and I think that over the years they have both had periods of top. I've no doubt they've both pushed each other to greater heights - and that they both greatly dislike each other.

All makes for a good spectacle to be honest. They're the two best players ever.