Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

• 11 months later...
As Sinead O'connor once said whilst thinking of Leo the GOAT : Nothin' compares 2 u. 

You can only speculate what Ronaldo’s tally would be by now if he started at Real and stayed in La Liga, instead of doing the business at Man United, then Real Madrid, and now Juventus.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

You can only speculate what Ronaldo’s tally would be by now if he started at Real and stayed in La Liga, instead of doing the business at Man United, then Real Madrid, and now Juventus.

He wouldn't have broken through at Real and would most likely be at Girona just now tbf. 

The big debate around Messi's career will be whether he would've scored the same amount of goals in another league as he has 'played it safe' staying with Barca.

I like Ronaldo's ambition to try and be the best everywhere he goes but for me Messi edges it just. Ask me again in 2 months and I'll have probably changed my mind tbh.

The two greatest footballers of all time 100% though.

I still think that Ronaldo is the most effective player out there, and the guy I want when the chips are down. I much prefer watching Messi though, and his influence since his return has been tremendous. 

I'd still go Messi purely on his mental talent but it depends what you look for. I just want to be entertained. 

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
2 hours ago, Dele said:
He wouldn't have broken through at Real and would most likely be at Girona just now tbf. 

He'd be referred to around the world as the Portuguese Jack Harper IMO.

Absolutely. 

He's been fortunate in that he learnt a lot of self discipline from Djemba Djemba at Man United. 

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

The big debate around Messi's career will be whether he would've scored the same amount of goals in another league as he has 'played it safe' staying with Barca.

I like Ronaldo's ambition to try and be the best everywhere he goes but for me Messi edges it just. Ask me again in 2 months and I'll have probably changed my mind tbh.

The two greatest footballers of all time 100% though.

I'd say less "playing it safe" and more loyalty to the team that gave him every chance to have a career. I'm sure you know the story of his growth defect etc

33 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd say less "playing it safe" and more loyalty to the team that gave him every chance to have a career. I'm sure you know the story of his growth defect etc

FYI I didn't mean that I agree that he's played it safe, I was just saying that's one of the big debates around it.

Barca stuck by him when many teams (all Scottish teams lets be honest) would've chucked him for being too small.

It's a bit of a fairytale story and you're right he has no reason to leave them at all.

• 1 month later...

Deserved. His goal against Atletico summed him up.

Scores from 25 yards against the best keeper on the planet, after breaching the best defensive side in Europe, and nobody at all acts like its anything special.

• 3 weeks later...