Dalbeattie Star Young Squad.

DBT-STAR1

Was at the game yesterday, took a fairly large and lively support. Anyone know the official attendance? 5-1 scoreline was harsh in my opinion. Linlithgow had a good crowd and good squad, tommy coyne extremely impressive. Dalbeattie will improve as the season goes on very young squad, Drysdale the goalkeeper is only 17 or 18 Neil and Anderson the two centre half's and only 19. Also have Liam Park who's 19 and ridiculously fast, McGinley also brought in local lad Muir, but looks like a shirt filler but had a successful months loan at a south of scotland team. These are all boys who will have taken alot from the experience from the match yesterday.

645 was the attendance. Star contingent was lively rather than large in my view. I'd say there was somewhere less than 100 if you take out players and officials. I was hoping to see a few more so I was surprised when it was mentioned on here that there wouldn't be a dedicated supporters bus - not sure if that was the case or not.

You're decent going forward and the left back looks like a proper footballer as does Sloan but we knew about him. I thought you tired a bit in the second half and maybe 5-1 was a reflection of a young team whose heads went down a bit when we scored our third so quickly after you'd pulled a goal back. Our experience was definitely a plus.

for being an away game it was a good crowd for dalbeattie to take. 645 seems rather low seemed alot more in my opinion. yip 3rd goal was a killer blow, shot ourselves in the foot with the first goal aswell. Few players didnt turn up for example Hugh Scooby Cameroen but thought yous were a decent side especially no.10 Tommy Coyne? could easily play at a higher level, no direspect.

for being an away game it was a good crowd for dalbeattie to take. 645 seems rather low seemed alot more in my opinion. yip 3rd goal was a killer blow, shot ourselves in the foot with the first goal aswell. Few players didnt turn up for example Hugh Scooby Cameroen but thought yous were a decent side especially no.10 Tommy Coyne? could easily play at a higher level, no direspect.

Tommy has been a great player for us for a few years now and when he and Strickland (the number 9) get going they're a hard pair to handle. You didn't see the best of Roddy Maclennan yesterday (the 11) but he's a quality player who can stand out a mile from everyone else on the pitch when he's on his game.

I think we knew from the 4-4 scoreline the previous week that you'd be on the front foot and playing to your strengths. It was certainly a lot better game to watch than the 2007 version when a bus was parked about 30 yards from your goal and your players rarely moved beyond that. I'd no idea whether Dalbeattie were a good side or not at that game as they just never showed. At least yesterday we could all see that you have some decent players and some areas where you'll just struggle unless you improve quickly.

yes we are always positive on the attack and at least 4 boys never played to their maximum and to have given your lads a game we would of need everyone at their best. Best Players yesterday were left back Sam warren left mid Lewis Sloan and jack Steele the midfielder. but outplayed by a more physical and experienced side. Best of luck in the next round.

yes we are always positive on the attack and at least 4 boys never played to their maximum and to have given your lads a game we would of need everyone at their best. Best Players yesterday were left back Sam warren left mid Lewis Sloan and jack Steele the midfielder. but outplayed by a more physical and experienced side. Best of luck in the next round.

Cheers. Warren looks like the real deal.

When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be about the exploits of Dalbeattie's "young team" rather than the age of the visiting squad. :)

Not at all. All ages were singing in tune to their vuvuzela ;)

Good signing IMO! Really has tormented us over the past few seasons. Watched him a few times and always seems to find the net, don't know why he's fell out of favour at Dalbeattie but got no doubt he'll fit in with how we play, should be scoring a few goals now with Milligan & Anderson up top plus Renyard & Longcake on the wings!

Also hear we've another top signing that should be in place by the weekend..............watch this space!!!

Archived