Should headers back to the keeper be against the rules

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this but headers back to the goalkeeper should e banned. I'm sure it bugs everyone else off as well when your team is attacking and has the momentum but a defender heads it back to the keeper and takes the sting out of the game thoughts?

No way. Its a skill in itself as Rico's already pointed out, but can go horrendously wrong and there is a chance of an Own Goal.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this but headers back to the goalkeeper should e banned. I'm sure it bugs everyone else off as well when your team is attacking and has the momentum but a defender heads it back to the keeper and takes the sting out of the game thoughts?

Ban defenders and all defensive acts as I get annoyed when my team is attacking and they take the sting out the game.

Last post bang on. Defending has become an art form in its own right due to the reforms of passbacks and 6 sec rulings, which in theory should produce more techincally composed players, but fitba being fitba it has levelled itself out fantastically well. The 6 seconds really is more of a spirit ruling, requiring only really a prompt rather than a booking or free kick for infringement. Keepers have also become far more astute from the Neville Southall/Dave Beasant/Seib Dykstra stealth launches up the park days, to keepers actually being valued on the space they can find on the counter from kickouts (not just Neuer, de Gea etc....van der Sar and Casillas were doing it all through 00s).

• 2 months later...

No.

But what they should ban / stop is defenders shielding the ball out for a goal kick...that is single handedly the most infuriating thing in football.

Goalies get too much protection as well. Nothing kills a game of Football quicker than a ref who blows for a foul anytime the ball is whipped into the box.

No.

But what they should ban / stop is defenders shielding the ball out for a goal kick...that is single handedly the most infuriating thing in football.

Goalies get too much protection as well. Nothing kills a game of Football quicker than a ref who blows for a foul anytime the ball is whipped into the box.

Crosses hitting the first man tbf.

Archived