Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian, 11/10/2014

I think every team is invited to train on it in the build up to the match. Just the vast majority turn it down. I think Mark McGhee was moaning about the pitch after Fyvie injured himself in the league cup years ago and Maitland came out and said that every team is invited to but no does.

Yeah, I remember Jimmy Calderwood bringing Aberdeen down to train on the pitch before the cup tie in 2009. I would have thought it was common sense for any full-time club preparing to play on the pitch for the first time to take up the invite to train on it. Possibly a reflection on Scottish football that Neilson is being lauded as some kind of visionary for doing so.

Wee bit apprehensive about the game on Saturday. We did really well against Hibs and Rangers but the injuries have piled up since then and we just don't have the strength in depth to cope with too many injuries. Add to that our worrying tendency this season to gift goals and the fact that Hearts are playing great stuff and are full of confidence and we could be in for long afternoon. This Alloa team have very rarely let us down though and I'm sure they will be well up for this game.

Should be a good atmosphere with the big support through from Edinburgh and looking forward to a pint or two before the game with friends who follow Hearts :cheers .

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Alloa team have very rarely let us down though and I'm sure they will be well up for this game .

Yep, and on that basis alone it wouldn't surprise me if we took something from the game.

Our results against the better sides in the last two seasons have been excellent.

We could certainly do with getting two or three of the injured players available for Sat, if only to have them on the bench to cover injuries.

Yeah, I remember Jimmy Calderwood bringing Aberdeen down to train on the pitch before the cup tie in 2009. I would have thought it was common sense for any full-time club preparing to play on the pitch for the first time to take up the invite to train on it. Possibly a reflection on Scottish football that Neilson is being lauded as some kind of visionary for doing so.

Wee bit apprehensive about the game on Saturday. We did really well against Hibs and Rangers but the injuries have piled up since then and we just don't have the strength in depth to cope with too many injuries. Add to that our worrying tendency this season to gift goals and the fact that Hearts are playing great stuff and are full of confidence and we could be in for long afternoon. This Alloa team have very rarely let us down though and I'm sure they will be well up for this game.

Should be a good atmosphere with the big support through from Edinburgh and looking forward to a pint or two before the game with friends who follow Hearts :cheers .

Out of curiosity, how many first team players would you say, that you probably have out for Saturday?

Out of curiosity, how many first team players would you say, that you probably have out for Saturday?

Marr, Weatherston (whom we haven't seen at all yet), Flanni and possibly Spence but he said on twitter he is trying full taining this week. Possibly more that I can't think of.

Just read on the duffle Weatherston played 45 minutes in the under 20's game last night so he might make some sort of feature.

Marr, Weatherston (whom we haven't seen at all yet), Flanni and possibly Spence but he said on twitter he is trying full taining this week. Possibly more that I can't think of.

Meggatt will probably be out as well although him and Marr were pinging balls to each other in the warm up before the Falkirk game no problem. Our goalkeeper was injured in that warm up and our sub goalkeeper had to play last week. Not sure how that situation is for this week. To answer the Hearts' poster, we'll probably have about 7 or 8 first teamers starting on Saturday alongside 3 or 4 fringe players.

Out of the doubtful players on the injury list, Meggatt, Spence and Gibson are the ones I would put in the bracket of starting if we had a full strength side to pick from.

It will be interesting to see what Barry does when Meggatt is fit again. Both Benedictus and Sparky are doing well.

Darryl has been one of our top peformers in the Championship though and is excellent in the air.

Option to move Sparky forward and play all three of course.

Tricky one, this.

I think we have a (more or less) fully fit squad available, and, even though Robbie has hinted at a few changes, I can't see our line-up being too different from last week.

Actually, I've just minded that Keatings has an injury, so will miss out - El Hass and Pallardo are still short of match sharpness. Something like:

Alexander

Patterson - Ozturk - Wilson - McHattie

King - Gomis - Buaben - Walker

El Hassnaoui - Sow

Subs: Hamilton, McGhee, Pallardo, Nicholson, Carrick, Holt, Eckersley

I'd probably drop El Hassnaoui and play Carrick.

Didn't think El Hass done much at Palmerston last week and Carrick scored a couple for the U20s during the week, added to an impressive cameo appearance against Cowdenbeath so I'd like to see him given a chance to impress after being out injured for the start of the season.

Other than that I'd probably keep it fairly similar to the team that played Queen of the South, maybe McHattie in for Eckersley if he's fit enough.

Apparently if we win today, we set the championship record for most points gained in the opening 9 fixtures.

Will it be a world record like all those ones set by Rangers?

Archived