Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian, 11/10/2014

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who scores the og?

Some gid c**t. :)

Alloa deserved a point from the game, of that there is no doubt. Delighted to come away from there with the win. I would never have used it as an excuse but the pitch is fucking awful. :lol:

Alloa fans must be scratching their heads though, they have undoubtedly found a way to compete with the bigger clubs in the division at home but little point in doing that if it still results in you sitting 9th in the league.

Alloa deserved a point from the game, of that there is no doubt. Delighted to come away from there with the win. I would never have used it as an excuse but the pitch is fucking awful. :lol:

Alloa fans must be scratching their heads though, they have undoubtedly found a way to compete with the bigger clubs in the division at home but little point in doing that if it still results in you sitting 9th in the league.

Are they one of those sides who are all geared up for counterattacking football but don't know what to do of they get much possession?

As Mike Mulraney would say, balderdash, because if we hadn't managed those points from the bigger clubs we would be sitting 10th in the league ;) .

To be fair I think we have played well in most of the games so far. A few of those have seen us play well but not take our chances and then lose really bad goals at the other end. That's why we lost yesterday and why we're 9th. 7 points is poor reflection on well we have played at times during the first quarter but there is plenty of hope, we have played better than we did in the second half of last season.

Are they one of those sides who are all geared up for counterattacking football but don't know what to do of they get much possession?

I think we play well with possession as well but just don't take our chances infront of goal. Pretty frustrating as we play well week in, week out but have nothing to show for it

Alloa deserved at least a point. Crucial victory for Hearts, what an opening to the season for us. Beat Dumbarton next week and that's us won against every team in the league after 10 games :lol:

Annoyed that I missed this, but good to read that we played well again. It'd be crushing to lose at the death to a goal like that. Hopefully the team don't let these defeats get them down as they've performed well thus far.

To be fair I think we have played well in most of the games so far. A few of those have seen us play well but not take our chances and then lose really bad goals at the other end. That's why we lost yesterday and why we're 9th. 7 points is poor reflection on well we have played at times during the first quarter but there is plenty of hope, we have played better than we did in the second half of last season.

Certainly thats a fair reflection on your game at Palmerston. You looked much better than last season and a 2-0 win flattered us. A draw would not have been unfair.

Was very impressed with Alloa. Astonishing workrate and I thought they'd tire but they didn't. Hearts were certainly not great, but delighted to get the 3 points. Saw Alloa earlier in the season in the Cup against Stirling Albion and that didn't look like the same team (although the conditions were awful that day). Amazed Alloa are ninth, but fully expect that to change on Saturday's evidence. Can appreciate how gutting that late goal must have been as we all went mad.

Archived