Glastonbury 2015

Ziggy

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't really know what to expect with this and in the end found it about meh.

I really liked jay z a few years back, thought he put on a much better show.

I'm not a big Kanye fan but I've liked a lot of the mainstream stuff he's released. But tonight just didn't do it for me.

The fact that he is quite clearly a bell-end of an individual just finishes it all off. If you're going to be that big a dick then you need to deliver. I just can't see non-fans being won over there, unless they're incredibly gullible and just follow whatever's deemed to be hot at the time.

The bohemian rhapsody bit was just poor karaoke, and kind of reminded me that when a band have a cracking anthem nothing can beat it. I saw Eminem at hampden a while back and it was bang average. The genre just doesn't work well on that type of stage.

I'm know going to regret asking, but what are some artists that you do consider talented?

If you know even the slightest about hip hop then you'll see Kanye for the genius he is.

Gang Starr, Chuck D/Public Enemy, Immortal Technique, Lyrics Born, Latryx, Blackalicious, The Pharcyde, Aesop Rock, Digital Underground, Eric B & Rakim, MC Solaar, NWA, Schooly D, 7A3, Cypress Hill, Boogie Down Productions, A Tribe Called Quest, KRS-One, Dre, Jungle Brothers, Brand Nubian, Hieroglyphics and many, many more.

The so-called 'greatest rock star on the planet' doesn't come close. Shambles of a show tonight. He has one or two good songs ('gold digger', 'black skinhead') but his ego dwarfs his talent.

Well that's me put in my place then...

333.gif

Fucking gold dust posting one if those funny photo things of cherlye Cole in a discussion about music. I just fucking adore the madness of this place. Thank f**k for the odd poster who has great dry sense of humour. And I have to admit there is a few. Keep on keeping on.

Lee Nelson is a knob.

Songs from graduation and college drop out songs stole the show.

No through the wire was a bit of a disappointment as it was the song that made him in the main stream.

The 'Greatest on the Planet' nonsense will dominate tomorrow but overall it was what I expected.

Old songs very good, new auto tune songs were awful.

That's my summary.

Kanye was never going to win over people because he is a divisive figure and the people that don't like his stuff aren't going to start anytime soon, so he did his own thing. Which is fair enough. I found it mesmerising plus he packs tune after tune. I'd rather have that than some wrinkly old men with at least one yewtree suspect churning out stuff they did 40 odd years ago.

Kanye was never going to win over people because he is a divisive figure and the people that don't like his stuff aren't going to start anytime soon, so he did his own thing. Which is fair enough. I found it mesmerising plus he packs tune after tune. I'd rather have that than some wrinkly old men with at least one yewtree suspect churning out stuff they did 40 odd years ago.

You've got a good pint there mate . George Clinton is 73 and if the p-funk was I its prime it would have pissed all over any group hip hop or Rock they were all great musicians but Kanye west ? It's hardly the wu tang clan or public enemy in their prime either. Hip hop has become corporate too. Cash Rules Everything Around Me ???? dollar dollar bill y'all

You've got a good pint there mate . George Clinton is 73 and if the p-funk was I its prime it would have pissed all over any group hip hop or Rock they were all great musicians but Kanye west ? It's hardly the wu tang clan or public enemy in their prime either. Hip hop has become corporate too. Cash Rules Everything Around Me ???? dollar dollar bill y'all

wgZ1HRl.gif

Is that the only options?

The foo's would've been one of the all-time performances had it not been for the broken leg (i know they were down for the Friday I'm just pointing out that guitar bands aren't all from the 70s).

I've no problem with Kanye playing glastonbury. I just thought it was a bit shit.

Is that the only options?

The foo's would've been one of the all-time performances had it not been for the broken leg

Do you seriously believe that? Jesus, are people still that excited to see the Foo Fighters in 2015? Honestly would be in a dance tent, even at 33 years of age, even though old men in dance tents are tragic. Would rather get pissed and punch the air to Calvin Harris than watch Foo Fighters in a field.

Archived