Glastonbury 2015

Ziggy

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a massive Who fan and seen them live 6 times, the last being in Glasgow at the start of their 50 Hits Tour.

I thought they were average at best then and simply going through the motions .

Sad to say, looked they were doing exactly the same last night and are actually starting to crucify some of their own anthems ,like Won't Get Fooled Again

Afraid it's time to call it a day lads, as I want to remember you for what you were, not what you've become .

Tried to watch Kanye West set,I got through about 20 mins and had to turn it off.I couldn't watch that crap for much longer,that is 20 minutes of my day ruined.i don't get him or his music at all,tried to understand what kind of "artist" he is but I just couldn't watch that pishh

Leftfield utterly smashed it. Easily the best act there. One of the fire stewards was a Motherwell lassie and got chatting to her for a bit, ironically we ran into each other again at the Chemos but she was totally wasted by that point.

Of the rest Altern8 on the Arcadia was like Armageddon kicking off to an old skool rave set! The Chemos were good but too much noodling between tracks, Sleaford Mods were awesome, The Egg, Freestylers, Way Out West and Dub Pistols were all pretty good, caught a bit of Patti Smith and fuming I missed most of it because she is such a goddess.

Charlatans were a bit pish, but I think it was just the sound set up on the Other Stage. Slamboree were their usual good fun and had Beans on Toast with them so that went well after the Chemos.

Actually I reckon most of this was not on TV and people wont have heard of them.

Anyway good times.

Edited, Mungos Hifi was also a good 2 hours of fun. Some people might know them from Glasgow.

Four Tet was enjoyable without really being outstanding.

Archived