Glastonbury 2015

Ziggy

Foo Fighters :lol:

I would rather watch Kanye slide between brilliance and madness over Dave Grohl's nauseating "uber nice rockstar who fights against pop music" schtick any day of the week.

Kanye has a far stronger back catalogue as well imo.

How can you be serious? West and his whole 'calalogue' of expletive ridden street beats needs dropped on the dark side of the moon and nuked from space. I will happily be the mission commander.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather watch Kanye slide between brilliance and madness over Dave Grohl's nauseating "uber nice rockstar who fights against pop music" schtick any day of the week.

I can't go the guy at all for that reason, folk fall over themselves to say how great he is but his music is mediocre at best and his whining about pop music is tedious. He was also an HIV-denier, bizarrely.

I thought Kanye West was sensational last night. I don't listen to modern hip hop as it's nowhere near as good as the heydays of ATCQ and such, but Kanye is the exception. He is so unique that you can't lump him in with the other hip hop artists out there at the moment. If we forget that 808's and Heartbreaks even existed, he has had 5 solo albums unmatched by any other artists 5 (IMO).

Opening with Stronger then Power was classic Kanye.

Kanye has a far stronger back catalogue as well imo.

To be fair you've caught a few with this effort.

Well played.

Don't see much wrong with that statement.

Would love to know what you reckon a strong Foo Fighters festival set would be. You're firmly within the fan 'bubble' if you think anything they've done in the last 10-12 years is at all relevant or could make a case for being included in a strong back cat.

That's not a dig, i'm in that bubble with various acts myself, where you deem them far more famous/bigger/relevant/important than the general public does because your perception is skewed. But to the public at large i'd say yes, Kanye West has a much stronger back cat to draw on.

I loved Kanye last night. I had actually forgotten about some of the songs he played and was pleasantly surprised when they came on. He's done so much, and made a far bigger impact than Foo Fighters could ever dream of. His back catalogue is top drawer. Foo Fighters on the other hand.... Their work is only average even on a good day. Last 3-4 albums have been truly shite imo.

Doesn't matter when the hits came, a festival set draws on an artist's whole career. I can't say Mr Ritchie has done anything of relevance for decades but absolutely nailed it earlier.

That's ok if you're Lionel Ritchie and not a bog standard american rock band whose 'hits stage' spanned 4 years and three records

Archived