Hibernian vs Dumbarton

My thoughts are that the whole ball didn't cross the line, we weren't there to win and if Hibs weren't pish they'd have won that, Danny Rogers was brilliant, Andy Graham is the best defender in the country and football has the most bizarre rule where if one of your players recieves treatment he must leave the field, if two of your players are injured none of them need to leave the field.

Enjoyed my pizza tae.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's true. 11 men behind the ball, time waste and foul when needs be. It got you the point. Be happy.

Pmsl, I feel the rage all the way to Dumbarton.

Unexpected point against hearts and Hibs keep them coming sons!! Well done!

Well I'm pretty pleased with that. The whole defence deserves full marks. Young Rogers continues to improve game by game, Andy Graham was superb, Taggart was composed and confident, Van Zanten and Linton looked well able to handle anything that came their way. Nish was immense and if he played like that in every game I'd have no complaints. He was one of our best defenders in the first half! The whole team can take a bow.

Anyone want to hear the Easter Rd experience for the visiting fan?

1) Got dropped off at south stand

2) Queued at South Stand ticket office

3) Man at South stand ticket office told me he couldn't issue a concession ticket to my daughter (she is a student and had ID)

4) He directed me to main ticket office at the other end of the ground.

5) Whilst queuing there a steward told me that no south stand tickets were available from that office.

6) He directed us to cash gates 12 and 13

7) Stewards at cash gate 12 told us that was the wrong place

8) Nice lady steward accompanied us to the ticket office where we had started!!!!!

9) First ticket man I had spoken to (admittedly very apologetic and said he was only obeying orders) issued me with our tickets.

Jeez guys! This was a home league game with Dumbarton. How ever do you cope for big games?

Not a penalty as the Hibs player took a swipe at fresh air then fell over. Justice done when no goal resulted. Desperate stuff when the was it / wasn't it over the line debate is all that Hibs can look to over 90 mins against a part time side.They seem to forget how lucky they were to knock us out of the League Cup. If we finish above them I think we will probably be safe. Well done Sons.

Pmsl, I feel the rage all the way to Dumbarton.

Unexpected point against hearts and Hibs keep them coming sons!! Well done!

No rage from me. Just the truth. I know hibs should be beating teams who play like that but we're nowhere near good enough.

Edit: I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Liam Craig and Scott Robertson. Should've been punted in the summer when we had the chance as they are both so totally hopeless.

I couldn't make it today but I am happy. This was an unexpected point in the first of a four-game sequence comprising Hibs and Hearts (A) and Rangers (H) twice. No doubt we will be duffed up next week and possibly thereafter, but we're a wee part-time club with two very influential players currently out injured and we're not going to light up Easter Road with slick, expansive football.

But you should also be happy - you're still a point ahead of us.

I don't see why you have a lack of confidence about next week. Hearts only beat Alloa late in the game today and looked far from impressive at the B et B utter a few weeks ago.....

No rage from me. Just the truth. I know hibs should be beating teams who play like that but we're nowhere near good enough.

Edit: I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Liam Craig and Scott Robertson. Should've been punted in the summer when we had the chance as they are both so totally hopeless.

If they both start next week I will start to wonder whether Stubbs is clueless.

Oh aye the penalty incident. Was it over the line? Mibbes aye Mibbes naw. Was it a penalty? Mibbes aye Mibbes naw.

I must admit, I never actually thought it was a penalty in the first place. I did think it was over the line, until I realised it was Hibs we were playing and dey can't score, lol.

We are so fucking awful. Dumbarton kicked and time wasted their way to a point but it was deserved, we hardly threatened in the second half.

yet the 2 worst fouls all day were Van Zanten nearly getting halved and a straight-legged shin-snapper on Agnew(?).

Someone said earlier that Hibs were never going to score, to be fair, neither were we. The game could still be going on just now, and it would still be 0-0

No failures for Sons, thought Rogers & Agnew were the best. Main strength though was that we played as a solid unit.

Can't disagree with McGeouch as MOM - if Hibs WERE going to create anything that hurt Sons, it was going to happen through him.

I don't see why you have a lack of confidence about next week. Hearts only beat Alloa late in the game today and looked far from impressive at the B et B utter a few weeks ago.....

Probably because we average four goals a game at home this season.

Archived