New Arthurlie Manager

cmonthelie

I love this stuff about "it's a big job" etc etc. It's junior football - how big can it be? Southy has played at some good clubs and in some very good teams. He's experienced the rough and the smooth. He walked out on Linlithgow in 2010 on the day of our quarter final against Bathgate and almost certainly cost himself a junior cup medal. Was that the right thing for him to do? Did he regret it? Does he still think he was dealt with badly by Baikie? None of the answers matter because whatever the answers were, he'll have learned a massive amount about how to handle a similar situation. And he can look at what Baikie achieved over a lot of years in the game. All of that is experience and he can take it straight into mgt.

There are a lot of young guys doing well in mgt at this level. All the best Southy.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could that be if the committee only interviewed the guys they were interested in on thursday night? they then met with the rest of the committee (who werent present at the interviews) on friday night to discuss the candidates and decide who was the best man to take the club forward.

I heard on Thursday but hey it could've been a coincedence ? The committee never met & Johnny Millar got offered the job ? Maybe that was just another coinsedence ??

There is no secrets in the juniors :-)

in a nice rosey world it would be great new young managers coming through but here's the reality of things players will listen and do more for an experienced manager than new comers at that level that's fact. Swifty and crills have done great but who else? Guys like john McKeown at wishaw is doing great starting at the bottom and learning his trade and making mistakes to learn from without the pressure of the top league.

"the reality of things players will listen and do more for an experienced manager than new comers at that level that's fact"

couldn't disagree more.

"the reality of things players will listen and do more for an experienced manager than new comers at that level that's fact"

couldn't disagree more.

opinions deano. I've experienced how senior players act towards a new young gaffers just finished playing. Hope southy does well hes a cracking guy.

Any change in management brings uncertainty. The new guy will have players in mind he wants to bring in, new training methods, mibees even new training nights.

He has to be strong putting his ideas, & methods into practice,

Players will come in, players will be moved on. It's all a game, but the gaffer must to win all the battles,or his stay will be short.

Eh best of luck to the new boss.

Knowing Southy and having played for kegs I think Arthutlie have got good guys on board.. Southy has bags of experience and Kerrigan has not long left the east region champions so well done and good luck.

I can't even pretend to know anything about the new management but I'm delighted the way Arthurlie have went! The guys seem to know their stuff and will bring a new broom to Dunterlie a fresh approach and I'm all for that.

Whoever got the job was inheriting a good squad with a very strong bond and not lacking ability, just one or two here and there and .....

As for an earlier or opening posters comments I'd just ask, who picked the new Arthurlie manager? Answer, the committee! Who picked the Arthurlie committee? The Arthurlie duel members at the AGM! We're you at the AGM? Yep did you vote for said committe? Aye! So you basically picked the new manager! Bitty line if things go astray we all blame you for your vote ;)

All the best to the new guys and here's to the future!

Nugent, how about getting the new management team on your show.

Let's see which one of the new management team are your related to ha . My guess about you a few months ago was pretty good.

Let's see which one of the new management team are your related to ha . My guess about you a few months ago was pretty good.

I actually read all the flak you were getting in the "Beith sign McKenna" thread and thought it was a tad unfair. I'm now realising it wasn't so much about what u said on that point it was probably all ur shit talk as a collective over the months that people were getting at. You really don't help yourself. I'm not related to any of the new management team. I was actually thinking it would be good to get them on especially as nugent supports that team. And if your memory is that good you should remember you disagreed with something I said then and you were wrong! Remember?

I actually read all the flak you were getting in the "Beith sign McKenna" thread and thought it was a tad unfair. I'm now realising it wasn't so much about what u said on that point it was probably all ur shit talk as a collective over the months that people were getting at. You really don't help yourself. I'm not related to any of the new management team. I was actually thinking it would be good to get them on especially as nugent supports that team. And if your memory is that good you should remember you disagreed with something I said then and you were wrong! Remember?

A bit of tension here guys ? Let's just hug it out x

On the 18th anniversary of the 3 second game in Tallinn I remember the U-21 game the night afore and a cargo getting smuggled into a hotel room the night before for Craig McEwan, Jim Hamilton, Charlie Miller, Gary Teale and the big goalie that married Julie Fleeting.......

Archived