New Arthurlie Manager

cmonthelie

Come on guys calm down! It was hardly a secret. I heard he was getting the job at work on Thursday morning ?

Not the point junior , it should have been left to the club to announce the manager. As for calming down, myself and Gary are buddies and stand together at most home games. There is no problem, just a difference of opinion on how this should have been handled. We both want the Lie to do well and he has his own wee way of putting things across.

Everyone needs to get behind the new man . im confident our committee have gone for the man they think will bring success to the club.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said Drs beat me to that ...well done to arthurlie for taking a different approach and moving with the times .My money's on Southy keeping arthurlie safe this season & doing far better than expectations next ..good times ahead for arthurlie !!!

Not the point junior , it should have been left to the club to announce the manager. As for calming down, myself and Gary are buddies and stand together at most home games. There is no problem, just a difference of opinion on how this should have been handled. We both want the Lie to do well and he has his own wee way of putting things across.

Everyone needs to get behind the new man . im confident our committee have gone for the man they think will bring success to the club.

To be fair pelesboots I do agree it should be the club that announces it, but as I said I heard this on Thursday ? Anyway good luck to him & I'm chuffed to bits a young manager has been given a chance & stopped the usual merrygoround with the same old faces .

Well done Arthurlie !

Well said Drs beat me to that ...well done to arthurlie for taking a different approach and moving with the times .My money's on Southy keeping arthurlie safe this season & doing far better than expectations next ..good times ahead for arthurlie !!!

That's a silly post. How can you say all this for sure? Well done arthurlie taking on a managerial rookie, but when you do so as my team did you need to be prepared for some short term pain for long term gain. To expect this for a new young manager is silly and instantly puts pressure on him.

It will be tough for the guy that's a certainty and the chances are it will get worse before it gets better. Long term though it could work out well for arthurlie.

Good luck to Southy and his back room staff, all good guys with a point to prove. More than capable in my opinion as he was the backbone of Glens training etc on numerous occasions, knows the game both senior and Jnr and will have many contacts.

I believe he would have been Glens manager start of last season if his head hadn't been turned by H*nderson at Hurlford who eventually left him high n dry.

All the best to Southy, Pottsy etc.

. I heard he was getting the job at work on Thursday morning ?

How could that be if the committee only interviewed the guys they were interested in on thursday night? they then met with the rest of the committee (who werent present at the interviews) on friday night to discuss the candidates and decide who was the best man to take the club forward.

Archived