How can we get a second referendum and win it?

Scottishyeltz

Iv come on here to try and understand your thinking and to be honest I'm very worried that this attitude towards the union will eventually lead it to break! What can be done in your opinion to save it? What do you think you need so you will decide to stay?

Equality but that has never happened in 1707 and it will never happen now

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iv come on here to try and understand your thinking and to be honest I'm very worried that this attitude towards the union will eventually lead it to break! What can be done in your opinion to save it? What do you think you need so you will decide to stay?

Anne Hathaway drizzled in honey. Other than that, no dice.

The capital of the UK moved to Dundee

The house of lords replaced by people on benefits

The whole of the UK's tax powers devolved to Scotland and we decide what we need and divvy up the rest

The nuclear weapons to be moved to Buckingham Palace grounds

The house of parliament to be turned into a mosque

these are our demands

One of the biggest reasons people voted yes was due to the massive inequality that exists in the UK - and the fact that the problem is getting worse. The gap widens.

It's not rocket science but there's more chance of Andy Murray wapping is cock out on centre court than there is of any real redistribution of wealth under the current system.

Scottish football highlights on a Saturday night would be a start, and a commitment to try to make the EU work from the centre instead of whining from the fringes.

The capital of the UK moved to Dundee

The house of lords replaced by people on benefits

The whole of the UK's tax powers devolved to Scotland and we decide what we need and divvy up the rest

The nuclear weapons to be moved to Buckingham Palace grounds

The house of parliament to be turned into a mosque

these are our demands

'Roll on sausage' being declared as the official description of a sausage and roll combination.

All valid points and well made - there also should be another referendum if Scotland votes to stay in the EU and England votes to come out - assuming a conservative win at the 2015 election.

I have a greater chance of seeing Lee McCulloch and Sally doing the bouncy with the Champions' League trophy at the San Siro in May 2016 than I have of seeing The UK leaving the EU.

I have a greater chance of seeing Lee McCulloch and Sally doing the bouncy with the Champions' League trophy at the San Siro in May 2016 than I have of seeing The UK leaving the EU.

Why you so sure kincardine?

I think farage terrifies the main parties and I don't think the tory right will let Cameron off the hook.

I have a greater chance of seeing Lee McCulloch and Sally doing the bouncy with the Champions' League trophy at the San Siro in May 2016 than I have of condemning the singing of the Billy Boys.

Sorted.

Why you so sure kincardine?

I think farage terrifies the main parties and I don't think the tory right will let Cameron off the hook.

I think the Tory right will make sure Dave calls a referendum, assuming he is The PM after next year's election. I am so sure that 'No' will win for similar reasons that 'No' won the Scottish plebiscite - inertia and business.

There will be a mammoth push-back from businesses if there's the possibility of leaving the EU. Sure, there may have some issues with Brussels but most would much prefer to deal with that than live with the uncertainty of Britain being outside it.

There are also quite a few very large firms, especially in the areas of law, arbitration and construction who depend on the very existence of the EU and they will overwhelmingly object to it and persuade their employees to agree.

Economically, departure from the EU would be a catastrophe and most workers in the private sector would agree.

I think the Tory right will make sure Dave calls a referendum, assuming he is The PM after next year's election. I am so sure that 'No' will win for similar reasons that 'No' won the Scottish plebiscite - inertia and business.

There will be a mammoth push-back from businesses if there's the possibility of leaving the EU. Sure, there may have some issues with Brussels but would much prefer to deal with that than live with the uncertainty of Britain being outside it.

There are also quite a few very large firms, especially in the areas of law, arbitration and construction who depend on the very existence of the EU and they will overwhelmingly object to it and persuade their employees to agree.

Economically, departure from the EU would be a catastrophe and most workers in the private sector would agree.

Why would it be a catastrophe ? I thought being in EFTA was the important thing. Norway and Switzerland are outside the EU but still abide by trade laws and such.

You're the silly one if you think that's not what would happen. Even UKIP want to join EFTA.

I am far from an expert of UKIP but I've never heard any of them say that they want to join EFTA. Inform me and show where this is policy.

Do you prefer 'roll on independence'?

if the roll is on the sausage then the sausage is on the roll

tumblr_inline_mp8cuyfxMp1qz4rgp.jpg

if your naming process of the breakfast food must be about positioning then you will have to call it 'sausage in roll' which is absurd

Archived