Jeremy Clarkson

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scenery was stunning but I think I'd go to Chile before I'd go to Argentina. A lot of these "specials" are essentially tourist information brochures and they've shown how it's possible to drive in some amazing places - Vietnam, Botswana and the like where they've been met with friendliness and helpful people. But who wants to go to Argentina where they've shown themselves to be a bunch of p***ks?

I quite enjoyed it. Top Gear is better the less it has to do with cars. And the Adventure shows have nothing to do with cars, really.

I really want to go to Patagonia.

I loved it , its one of the best shows on tv .Its a bunch of grown up kids fannying about in flashy cars all over the world.

I dont understand people who get on their high horse about it?

Indeed. I don't mind a joke about a tragedy that happened decades ago but the Belgrano attack was a war crime and no one, even the mine-closing, poll-taxing Top Gear crew, should be taking some sort of pride in it.

War crime? ROFL.

War crime? ROFL.

I think the Argentinian soldiers were merely on a mission to rescue a lost sheep on the Falklands.

It was very bad form for us to shoot at them. Not sporting at all.

They try sooo hard to be fun loving japesters and are just brutally cringeworthy. Its so staged and fake, but tries to come across as real & natural. It worked for a couple of years, then stagnated. You can't come across as natural and off the cuff when doing the same stunts, with the same 'banter' again and again.

It's for jumped up public schoolboys who revel in a deliberate stupidity which is unbecoming of grown men. Britain seems to revel in this horrendous middle class bellendish banter.

The trip to Botswana was the toe curling epitome of Colonel Blimpish insensitivity only achievable through the massive travelling support squad the 3 presenters have to take with them to prop up their ego and to assist when they make an arse of it.

But if you like cars but find them "a bit hard" you'll lap it up.

They try sooo hard to be fun loving japesters and are just brutally cringeworthy. Its so staged and fake, but tries to come across as real & natural. It worked for a couple of years, then stagnated. You can't come across as natural and off the cuff when doing the same stunts, with the same 'banter' again and again.

Top Gear is as real as American Wrestling FFS!

I think the Argentinian soldiers were merely on a mission to rescue a lost sheep on the Falklands.

It was very bad form for us to shoot at them. Not sporting at all.

Dons' fans, eh?

Archived