Jeremy Clarkson

Just before the London Olympics the Argie government sent the captain of their hockey team to the falklands to make an advert where he desecrated the war memorial by using it as a training tool.

The tag line was something like 'To win on British soil we train on Argentinian soil'.

They're an international embarrassment and this incident just made them look worse.

Cretins in this country would do alot worse if part of our country was controlled by another.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just before the London Olympics the Argie government sent the captain of their hockey team to the falklands to make an advert where he desecrated the war memorial by using it as a training tool.

The tag line was something like 'To win on British soil we train on Argentinian soil'.

*partridge shrug gif*

Which is the sane, rational and sensible response. Not hounding the guy out with mobs throwing stones. How fucking childish.

Yes, but they're South Americans - passionate, volatile, ill disciplined etc, etc

Cretins in this country would do alot worse if part of our country was controlled by another.

So you view the falklands as argentinian despite them being british for longer than argentina has even existed and the people who live there being pretty much united in wanting things to stay that way?

In that case I'll be taking your house.

I don't have any real legal claim and you probably want to keep it for yourself but surely that doesn't matter?

Also, even if you have a mortgage, I can keep the house without paying the debts on it because I'm more special than everyone else on earth. If the bank tried to collect a single penny I'd offer them a tiny fraction of what I owe, call them vultures and give them absolutely nothing if the refuse to accept my extortion scheme.

Also, I'll take special care to call you colonialist scum every time I could despite every single thing I ever had being built on colonialism.

Some people might think all this made me a complete muppet, hypocrite and criminal.

Not you though, right?

So you view the falklands as argentinian despite them being british for longer than argentina has even existed and the people who live there being pretty much united in wanting things to stay that way?

In that case I'll be taking your house.

I don't have any real legal claim and you probably want to keep it for yourself but surely that doesn't matter?

Also, even if you have a mortgage, I can keep the house without paying the debts on it because I'm more special than everyone else on earth. If the bank tried to collect a single penny I'd offer them a tiny fraction of what I owe, call them vultures and give them absolutely nothing if the refuse to accept my extortion scheme.

Also, I'll take special care to call you colonialist scum every time I could despite every single thing I ever had being built on colonialism.

Some people might think all this made me a complete muppet, hypocrite and criminal.

Not you though, right?

gangnam-style-didn%27t-read-lol.gif

They should just apologies and move on .a typical TG crass joke gone abit wrong...its all good publicity for the show..sorry if mentioned but someone on twiiter checked the plate online and its been registered to a porche for the last 21 years apparently.

• 2 months later...

+30 of a film crew, ffs.

Aye - I'd always assumed perhaps one or two additional cars with maybe six crew tops !!

I find it hard to believe that the number plate was coincidental, in fact I don't believe it at all, and of course surely one of the 30 odd production crew noticed !

FWIW we were chased through the streets of Hamburg by some rather elderly but very angry locals when we visited in a large grey warship back in 88, they were still understandably rather upset about Bomber Brown's visits a few decades earlier.

Aye - I'd always assumed perhaps one or two additional cars with maybe six crew tops !!

I find it hard to believe that the number plate was coincidental, in fact I don't believe it at all, and of course surely one of the 30 odd production crew noticed !

FWIW we were chased through the streets of Hamburg by some rather elderly but very angry locals when we visited in a large grey warship back in 88, they were still understandably rather upset about Bomber Brown's visits a few decades earlier.

It was Bomber Harris, who shined the arse of his breeks in Whitehall.

It was good of them however to leave the Beatles be when they were in residency.

Archived