Detectorists

happysouth

thought it was a really good heart warming wrap up. They managed to fit a lot into the 26 mins and didn't batter the viewers over the head with it. Look forward to seeing Crooks next projects as i think he has shown a great ability to interweave characters, stories and comedy. Top notch TV.

Watched all of the episodes on the iPlayer last night in a oner. Beautifully paced, and a mix between sadness and silliness. The closest thing to time travel. Loved every second of it, and deserves all the praise it gets. Very rarely is television able to be so subtle.

Edited to add: final episode was strangely moving.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Like Lance's girlfriend.........where did she come from? Disappointed that Sophie seems to have left. If this is to be the last series, as Crook has said, I hope to god they hit the jackpot in the end but they have a habit of stringing us along and sharing their pain.

There was a "Christmas Special" in December 2015 after the 2nd Series, that's where Lance first meets Toni, his new girlfriend!!!

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

There was a "Christmas Special" in December 2015 after the 2nd Series, that's where Lance first meets Toni, his new girlfriend!!!

I must've seen that.....then forgot.

ETA....No I never.

Edited by jimmy boo

Is it on you tube?

Not right now and who are you calling a tube???

ETA

It is on Netflix though, it's down as Series 2 Episode 7!!!

15 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Fun fact: the actress who plays Toni is the daughter of Beverly Callard (Liz McDonald in Corrie).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know when something gets recommended to you TOO much? And then you end up not watching it kinda to be a dick about it? Well, that was me until the other week when I finally relented. What an amazing show. Mackenzie's writing really is so precise and he and Toby Jones are just perfect together. I love how it doesn't try to get a laugh every other line, like it allows the comedy to stretch out a bit. Actually, the whole cast is first rate.

Edited by MSU