League & Cup Saturday 4th Oct

SOUTH of SCOTLAND LEAGUE (ko3pm)

Abbey Vale v Creetown - Both teams playing well in comparison to their standards from previous seasons so all to play for here. Vale at home are probably just going to edge it in my opinion. 2-1

Dumfries YMCA v Fleet Star - A chance for the YM to get a point or 3 on the board here but they'll have to be on the top of their game as Fleet are no longer going into games wondering how many they'll get beat by. Fleet won quite convincingly in the previous encounter and will probably take the points here. 2-4

Nithsdale Wanderers v Upper Annandale - Both teams struggling for form so will see each other as beatable opponents. home advantage could be key but Uppers will feel comfortable on the small Nithsdale pitch. 2-2

SOUTH of SCOTLAND LEAGUE CUP 2nd Round (ko3pm)

Edusport v Crichton (at GALABANK) - Edu had an excellent victory last week over high flying Lochar and will take that form into the match at Galabank on Saturday. Crichton breezed past the YM so will be playing a completely different game here. All to play for and maybe extra time could be needed here. 3-3

Lochar Thistle v Heston Rovers - Local derby here which i'm sure both teams will relish. Lochar are flying and Heston are grinding out results but I think Lochar, especially at home, will be too strong for Heston and go through to the next round. 4-2

St Cuthbert Wanderers v Newton Stewart - Another match which both teams will be looking forward to playing in. Saints need to dust themselves off sooner rather than later after losing their manager and what better opportunity than against Newton. Newton on the other hand are having a great season and will be looking to kick Saints while they're down and go through. 1-3

Wigtown v Mid Annandale - Mids came close last week against Heston while Wigtown brushed past Uppers no problem so it's set up here for a Wigtown win, which I believe will/should happen. 4-0

All the best everyone.

CKK

Archived