Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Dave1875

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished this. Great game, but it doesn't half end abruptly. The only proper boss fight comes about halfway through. All you get at the end are cutscenes and a quick-time event.

Play the Bright Lord DLC, definitely makes up for a shoddy ending

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the lines that the Uruks come out with truly do make me nearly injure my ribs laughing.

Particular favourites are

"The whole of Mordor will come running when I open my mouth and blow!"

This one usually said during an execution by the captain facing death, still cracks me up everytime I hear it

"Don't kill me, I would die from that"

However the best lines have to go to the mad and brain damaged Uruks (the one's who have part of their brain exposed and a kind of metal grate on top of it to prevent it falling out)

"The worms are in my head and they wiggle. Wiggle - wiggle - wiggle -wiggle"

"Fish leather, ooh shiny... I can smell the sun!"

And of course their customary greeting of "Sticky glue!" or "Buttons!"

• 7 months later...

Bought the GOTY edition over Christmas along with Fallout 4, which I've only played twice thanks to this game.

Absolutely love the nemesis system and get a real sense of achievement when I finally manage to kill a Captain or Chief who has beaten me on several occasions.

I played this a few months ago and really enjoyed it. The combat was great fun and the nemesis system was genuinely innovative. However, I can't for the life of me remember how it finished, which probably confirms what everyone else has been saying about the ending being rubbish.

There's a couple of DLCs available that I haven't played. Has anyone else bothered with them? The reviews I've seen aren't very favourable.

I picked up the season pass when it was on sale. The hunter DLC or whatever its called is ok but doesn't add that much extra. The bright Lord DLC has a new map and more to it but I've never got round to finishing it. Its probably worth a purchase if you joined the game it's just more of the same. Would give the other dlc a miss though.

• 5 months later...

Picked this up for much cheapness in the recent sale. Certainly looks nice, and nice idea, but really surprised at how clunky the gameplay is considering the plaudits it's been given.

Not sure if it's just me, but that's now Skyrim, Witcher 2 and Shadow of Mordor of the genre that seem really overrated. Bigger and more complex is not necessarily better.

Picked this up for much cheapness in the recent sale. Certainly looks nice, and nice idea, but really surprised at how clunky the gameplay is considering the plaudits it's been given.

Not sure if it's just me, but that's now Skyrim, Witcher 2 and Shadow of Mordor of the genre that seem really overrated. Bigger and more complex is not necessarily better.

I didn't think I'd ever find someone who shares the same opinion as me on Skyrim :lol: I've only ever heard people absolutely love it. You're wrong about Shadow of Mordor, though ;)

1 hour ago, Antti Niemi said:

The gameplay is basically Assassin's Creed, isn't it? Not much more to the game than the Nemesis system and some cool fighting, really.

Pretty much Assassin's Creed and the Batman Arkham games' love child... with an added Nemesis system

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

What the f**k is happening here??

I am just running around fighting Uruk things then dying

What are you expecting someone to say? You either learn how to actually play the game or you can just throw it away and blame the game for you being an utter moron.

Been playing this again lately, loving it. Went on a revenge mission against a Warchief and ended up surrounded in a Caragor pit with him, a raft of Uruks and some captains. I died. They all got stronger. Respawned, jumped off a ledge, right next to a group of Caragors. Mauled. Captains get even stronger...

Theres at least one with a Power rating of about 15. 

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What are you expecting someone to say? You either learn how to actually play the game or you can just throw it away and blame the game for you being an utter moron.

exactly that

Pah, i remember when I thought a 15 was a big one.

I really liked the game, completed the final mission a week or so ago. Satisfying to just go into a stronghold riding a caragor and just give it large and try and empty it.

And mostly fail ;)

Archived