The Two Scottish Cups

Loughal

I always think of the 'romance' of the cup as plucky wee team beating odds-on big team which, of course, can happen anywhere. Trips outside the region are, in my experience, regarded as more of a welcome break from the norm

Absolutely, you want a club outwith your own region, and preferably away. Relieves the sometimes monotony of league and local cup games.

Going back to regionalisation of early rounds would damage the competition badly.

Its strange how with age my attitude to away days have changed .

When I was between say 12 and 18 years of age my perfect away trip was away to the furthest junior club possible in the Scottish and a right good away day .

Nowadays I only see a 4/5 hour away tie as a chore and its a bit played out now having done it lots of times.

Sitting on a bus for 4 hours, arrive and have a pint or two and watch the game for the 90 minutes and then a couple after the game followed by another 4 hour trek home, I liked it to start with but not really anymore as its played out for me.

You make a valid point there hertha. The romance is presumably in the trip that is a change from normal. Today there are a lot less of the younger generation interested. Again the weather plays a big part, as in recent years some ties can spread over into R4. Was there not a case in recent years where R2, R3, & R4 were all being played on the same day.

Get back to the main point, Are Lugar looking forward to the Burghead trip (similar Maud to Saltcoats) and is it in no way a strain on their budget?

You can say all you want, but the bus costs are restrictive to a whole lot of clubs living on the bread line.

"You can say all you want, but the bus costs are restrictive to a whole lot of clubs living on the bread line."

Ok let's talk facts. How many clubs have gone under as a direct result of the cost of a bus to a long away Scottish tie?

as # 11, if clubs thought about not being able to afford a long trip away. they wouldn't participate.

Yourself and birnie man miss the point. Clubs at the bottom end with no support and no local interest find it hard to raise cash. Raffles a few quid here and there from local business it usually winds down to the hardy few keep[ing the club on the road.

It's no problem for you at Linlithgow Rose with already £6000 in the kitty from the SFA a Social Club turning over £500,000 yearly big money at the gates before you think about your raffles and P&B.

And you Burnie it has been said you recently had 80 grand poured in along with the same stuff as affluent Rosie Posie man the money is no problem. Send Lugar £500 you would never miss it.

Yourself and birnie man miss the point. Clubs at the bottom end with no support and no local interest find it hard to raise cash. Raffles a few quid here and there from local business it usually winds down to the hardy few keep[ing the club on the road.

It's no problem for you at Linlithgow Rose with already £6000 in the kitty from the SFA a Social Club turning over £500,000 yearly big money at the gates before you think about your raffles and P&B.

And you Burnie it has been said you recently had 80 grand poured in along with the same stuff as affluent Rosie Posie man the money is no problem. Send Lugar £500 you would never miss it.

1) the social club has nothing to do with the football team.2) aye ok better let the treasurer in on that.

and lastly I thought you were going to ask for any money to be sent to your big team. :lol:

Archived