East Fife v Clyde

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win for us today! East Fife had most of the possession and chances in the first half, forcing Alan Martin into 3 or 4 great saves. He looks to be an all round excellent keeper, great communicator.

Second half was fairly even, with Clyde maybe edging it. The defence looked solid with McQueen looking like he's back to his confident old self. Audacious flicks over attackers, winning headers left, right and centre etc. Durie also had a solid game for the second week in a row, hopefully he's finding his feet now!

Euan Murray looked decent when he came on, looks to be a strong player who can hold up the ball well...looking forward to seeing more of him!

Nice to get back to winning ways and getting one over East Fife after last years playoff loss! :thumsup2

Steady!!!

You got a goal on the break with your only attempt on goal and managed to hold out against 10 men for the win!!!

Don't ruin your lucky day with crassness!!!

And east Fife getting beat by a team that's heading for the lowland ???? must be worrying ????

I haven't seen such a one sided 40 minutes in a long time! Unfortunately, games aren't played over 40 minutes and as soon as Clyde got the sucker punch goal all the wind came out of our sails and we were pish. Second half was horrific at times. Aimless punt after aimless punt up to the two big Clyde centre halves who never lost a header. Thought Kevin Smith was good up top for us today and Stevie Campbell did pretty well considering he was being played out of position at left back.

Sending off seemed like a bizzare one to me, a foul yes, but never a second booking IMO. The ref's inconsistency the whole game was shocking though.

Credit to Clyde however, in a game they in no way deserved to win they managed to weather the storm for the first half before being as equally pish as us in the second half but not letting us near their goal. Who was the number 8 for your lot? Thought him and the two centre halves were your best players by a mile.

All in all a very disappointing day!

I haven't seen such a one sided 40 minutes in a long time! Unfortunately, games aren't played over 40 minutes and as soon as Clyde got the sucker punch goal all the wind came out of our sails and we were pish. Second half was horrific at times. Aimless punt after aimless punt up to the two big Clyde centre halves who never lost a header. Thought Kevin Smith was good up top for us today and Stevie Campbell did pretty well considering he was being played out of position at left back.

Sending off seemed like a bizzare one to me, a foul yes, but never a second booking IMO. The ref's inconsistency the whole game was shocking though.

Credit to Clyde however, in a game they in no way deserved to win they managed to weather the storm for the first half before being as equally pish as us in the second half but not letting us near their goal. Who was the number 8 for your lot? Thought him and the two centre halves were your best players by a mile.

All in all a very disappointing day!

Made all the worse by the fact that you're utterly clueless in describing a game?

First half was as one-sided as I've seen for a long time and East Fife could have been 4 or 5 up.Second half Clyde came into the game but created remarkably little.They will have to improve on yesterday to have any chance of a top four finish.East Fife should take it on the chin and put it down to the manager of the month curse.

"Audacious flicks over attackers"

Delighted to hear,Love McQueen and the time he took out two berwick players last season at broadwood (3-3game) with same move still makes me smile

"Euan Murray looked decent when he came on, looks to be a strong player who can hold up the ball well...looking forward to seeing more of him!"

Where did he play ??!

And east Fife getting beat by a team that's heading for the lowland must be worrying

Not really mate, we'll play worse than that and win this season but sadly for you, I think you may have peaked!!!

Really hope yesterday kicks start our league campaign and well done to the lads and management. Heard over the last few weeks from inside the camp that around 8/9 of the players dont want to play for BF etc but lets hope its not that bad.

Well tell the 8/9 they can leave anytime and don't let the door hit there a*** on the way out no doubt it's the players who haven't performed this season

He has to be careful; wee snide comments under his breath about players could easily be picked up by member of that family, or any one of the players on the bench/in the stand.

Think his commitment was fairly obvious though yesterday and there's no doubt that he's learned quite a bit since taking over. We look a stronger team in a couple of areas but the lack of pace in attack is problematic if Ferguson isn't playing. Still think we'll get better as the season goes on.

I think the 8/9 might be 3/4 and you only need to look to the stand some players who thought they were bombproof are learning they are not starting with the goalie bf now is aware who are committed to the cause this will be a long season and he will need a squad willing to get through it and I think that is beginning to shine through 2 wins on the trot keep the winning feeling going lets make it 3

He has to be careful; wee snide comments under his breath about players could easily be picked up by member of that family, or any one of the players on the bench/in the stand.

Think his commitment was fairly obvious though yesterday and there's no doubt that he's learned quite a bit since taking over. We look a stronger team in a couple of areas but the lack of pace in attack is problematic if Ferguson isn't playing. Still think we'll get better as the season goes on.

Snide comments....when??? Its not delicate we flowers we are or should be dealing with. Assuming you've allegedly heard remarks, is it nothing you've heard before??? Gordon Strachan's repuatation has been built on scathing, cutting remarks about his own team (though strangely not as much if a wideo of late...), im sure plenty of managers offend plenty of players and their families when they get dropped. Wouldn't have suggested his commitment is under scrutiny at any point so far....maybe they are just growing into what he wants and he is encouraging more than standing watching withbhis arms folded against the bench.....if my gaffer stood watching me at my work i know which posture i'd rather he adopted!!!

Never heard it myself, so dont set about me because i hate boab the bigot being associated with clyde. But did anyone hear bigot boab tell a female supporter 2 "shut the f**k up" when all she done was shout for a player 2 shoot on goal?

Just curious.

Archived