St Johnstone v St Mirren - 04/10/14

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first disallowed goal seems to have been chopped off for hand ball as opposed to a foul?

Goodwin's certainly claiming for hand ball.

The first disallowed goal seems to have been chopped off for hand ball as opposed to a foul?

Goodwin's certainly claiming for hand ball.

And he's such an upstanding professional we should just go with whatever he claims for.

Still frustrated at the way we played yesterday so not going to get too caught up in the highlights but at least we created a few chances, which hasn't always been the case in some games. O'Halloran has had a nightmare with his mistake for the first St Mirren goal, picking out nobody with three men waiting for a tap-in and then obviously the miss. Mentioned before about Drury's excellent first touch for the winner and O'Halloran actually does likewise, he sets himself up perfectly and all he has to do is roll the ball past Kello. Why he puts his laces through it, I don't know.

Was expecting the first disallowed goal to be more clear-cut. Had a decent view at of it at game but always hard to judge from stand. Doesn't look a foul but I'm certain that's what it's been disallowed for, rather than any appealed handball against Wotherspoon. For all he has had a poor game too, he's knocked that in, had the tap-in from O'Halloran and played the pass for the same player's miss. He just needs to get his head up and do the basic stuff a bit better at the moment. He's not alone in that though.

Offside is clear on the replay but it is a hard one for the linesman to call and he had the sun in his eyes, something I noticed he was struggling with at times.

Can't moan about these decisions too much though as we need to play better than we did and need to cut out the defensive mistakes that are being punished. We aren't laying it on a plate for the opposition by any means but surrendering possession and leaving yourselves short at the back is a horrible mix.

I was actually quite disappointed in Goodwins behaviour yesterday tbh, not once did he do anything worthy of making me seethe and instead focussed on just playing the game. The b*****d.

Troubling times for the fakes, i wonder how much wages McFaddena and Lappin must be on ?? Also i hear Murray Davidson is looking for a move aswell ??

McFaddena and Lappin are on £95k a week plus bonuses.

Murray Davidson is waiting for his inevitable move to Sevco.

Jim_You_Seem_Upset_GIF.jpg

I am hugely upset to be down in the bottom half of the league scrabbling about with the likes of St Mirren where long winless streaks occur and fans favour the BOOOOOOOOOOOO as a means of motivation for players.

I'm sure we will be top 6 again soon though.

Archived