St Johnstone v St Mirren - 04/10/14

Aye, think our recent upturn is despite TC, not because of him.

Yeah, it's only rational that anything that goes wrong is TCs fault but anything that goes right is nothing to do with him.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's only rational that anything that goes wrong is TCs fault but anything that goes right is nothing to do with him.

Except I didn't say that, but carry on.

Regardless of whether we win lose or draw, I've yet to be convinced he's a decent manager.

Except I didn't say that, but carry on.

Regardless of whether we win lose or draw, I've yet to be convinced he's a decent manager.

But our poor form was because of him, but our good form is despite of him?

How is this the case?

But our poor form was because of him, but our good form is despite of him?

How is this the case?

Again, I know you love to over simplify things but I didn't say that. I dont think our poor form was purely because of TC, I just don't think he's that good a manager and we could be doing better regardless.

He might not actually be that bad behind the scenes but certainly his media appearances don't give off an air of competency and authority. Certainly more results like today and I couldn't give a toss what he says to the press.

I'd like to add Naismiths goal was as good as I've seen in a long time, scarily similar to one Goodwin scored at McDiarmid a couple of seasons back, think it was a cup game.

Dreadful again from Saints, which is becoming a recurring theme. After the goal we looked much better and finally found ourselves in the ascendency but not for the first time, overcommitted and were stung on the break. First goal is poor from O'Halloran too but worth mentioning two real bits of quality in the St Mirren goals. The first is obvious enough, it was just a great hit from Naismith (very similar to a goal Goodwin scored in Perth in 2011) but for the second, Drury's first touch was brilliant and made the finish so much easier for him. So many players would have taken a touch that narrowed the angle but he opened the whole goal up.

There are players performing poorly and I'm not always sold on what the manager is doing but the villain of this piece for me remains Steve Brown and the way he managed our situation this summer. The manager shouldn't be doing his shopping in August and September after such a good season that generated a significant profit for the club.

^ seething

Seriously though, StJ played very well and we were hanging by our teeth at times. It really does show what a bit of confidence dees for a team, a fortnight ago we were feart to rake a dig from the edge of the box.

Anyway was a good game of footy too and dont believe for a second that this will be the last Saints/saints game that means something.

Could Mannus possibly have done better at the first goal? Terrific strike but was at a decent height and he seemed quite close to it? Probably being very harsh there.

Dreadful from us in what is becoming a recurring theme. As said before a season long relegation battle looms. Rare for me to be impressed by Croft but he made real difference when he came on and we upped the tempo considerably. The man he replaced was completely anonymous once again.

Wotherspoon looks absolutely abject in every way. Zero self confidence. He surely has to be dropped now. Croft certainly made a difference when he came on. As already said though, undone by a simple counter attack. We seem to be the only team with no pace going forward.

Wotherspoon looks absolutely abject in every way. Zero self confidence. He surely has to be dropped now. Croft certainly made a difference when he came on. As already said though, undone by a simple counter attack. We seem to be the only team with no pace going forward.

Wotherspoon wasn't the worst out there, he's got literally nothing to work with. He needs someone to link with in that final third, last season MacLean and May were constantly dropping into spaces and linking with him, this season he gets isolated on the wing and is expected to hit pin point crosses from ridiculous situations. McFadden might help with that slightly,but the damage to Wotherspoons confidence has probably been done.

O'Halloran deserves far more flak, costs us a goal and then misses an absolute sitter within seconds. I've no idea what he brings to the side now that hes lost his directness, pace? even then he doesn't use it well

That miss was utterly woeful. I'm hoping for his sake it bobbled just before he struck it which would account ever so slightly why it ended up in the Tesco car park.

Don't make masses of games but 3 league in a row is testing my patience just now.

That miss was utterly woeful. I'm hoping for his sake it bobbled just before he struck it which would account ever so slightly why it ended up in the Tesco car park.

Don't make masses of games but 3 league in a row is testing my patience just now.

Did the shot actually go out the stand? My head was in my hands before I thought to follow the ball.

The most infuriating thing was he decided to give up after that, a pathetic attitude

I'm exaggerating fortunately. But it can't have been far off. I still think Muzz will go from strength to strength. He made a couple of good breaks from nothing today which is at least promising. When he went down clutching his leg I was ready to go home.

Our pace going backwards is pretty grim as well :(

Time to stop McKay crossing the half way line IMO.

He just can't get back up the park.

Archived