St Johnstone v St Mirren - 04/10/14

WTF was that corner about?! Outstanding.

He slipped just as he was gonna kick it and instead of stopping tried to kick it anyway. I was sitting there cracking up, as yet again we gave the ball away easily. :lol:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the ball went backwards from Lappin to begin with anyway, so he couldn't have been offside. Still we didn't deserve the win, overall a draw would have been a fair result. Heyho I'm a saint optimist, then again at least I got to laugh at Wylde's corner, that was brilliantly amusing.

Not strictly true.

The corner from Wylde was one of the funniest things I've seen on a football pitch for a good while.

He ran up intending to hit it long, changed his mind half way and decided to hit it short, then done absolutely neither. Superb stuff.

Ironically, it ended up falling to Sean Kelly (my MOTM) and he got a decent cross in.

Who's the top poster in the St Johnstone - St Mirren match thread? I give you Aberdeen fan StandFree everyone, 4 posts clear of 2nd place. 3 posts on his own teams match thread, and 11 in this one.

Obsessed doesn't quite cover it :lol:

Off topic but how do you find this out?

We are getting the breaks at the moment, no doubt, which is pleasing considering a complete lack of them earlier in the season.

This is a good result for us. Hopefully the international break lets the team recover a bit and get a couple of folk back to full fitness.

Great pass from Caldwell for the winner as well. He's got to be worth a start soon.

Having seen the highlights, we've been a bit fortunate, but about time we got the rub of the green.

The offside is actually a lot closer than I thought it was, but linesman being the other side of the pitch from Lappin who'd have been a bit hidden by Graham means these ones always seem to get called offside.

I've seen so many similar calls in the past- not doubt he linesman would have been slightly behind, watching our line and unless Graham is noticeably behind the ball, the linesmen always seem to err on the side of caution. Gutting if you get pulled up for it.

I don't know what the f**k O'Halloran is doing for the shot- didn't seem to bobble much at all- I think he tries to dink it a bit over Kello and just gets it horribly wrong. A lot of the same stuff happing to St Johnstone as happened to us in the early part of the season.

Great finish by Drury too. Delighted we've shown a wee bit of form. Had you given me 7 points from Partick A, Aberdeen A, Celtic H and St Johnstone A I'd have bitten your hand off for them! Disappointing Ross County seem to be getting onto a game too, but at least we've caught up a wee bit with the pack.

I was amazed when the crowd was announced as 3400?

1000 more than same game last season.

I was surprised we opened the North Stand, tbh

Archived