St Johnstone v St Mirren - 04/10/14

One of those lower half teams we should be beating at home if we want to make Europe again. St Mirren seem to beat us every so often so wouldnt be shocking if they managed it. Our easiest game possibly this season so far so a perfect chance to get some form

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is possibly your easiest game this season? this could bite you on the ass . let the Ball do the work .

Yeah, so far. Our only other home games from memory have been Aberdeen and Celtic who are both vastly better than St Mirren, and our away record means every away days a tough one

A good incentive for Saints is if we win we go 2 points behind Saintees. If we lose we probably won't catch them this season.

We have had a few games like this in the past with a chance to catch them and we have lost and StJohnstone boost away.

We are scoring goals now and should be a bit more confident. Saintees not scoring as much but still solid at the back.

Would take a point but with our record in Perth I think we'll narrowly lose this. 2-1. A stunning McFadden double.

I'd feel sorry for Liam Caddis if he's dropped, barely gets a chance but was arguably our best player last week, yet he'll be lucky to be on the bench this time around. I'd also drop Wotherspoon for certain, with Wright and O'Hallorans places under scrutiny aswell, O'Halloran probably gets a pass considering he can always pop up with something and was hung out to dry last week.

This is easily the most tame Saints v Saints thread of all time. Bring back Captain Sensible.

All of our threads have been like that this season.

I reckon the majority of us know better than to run our mouths as we've accepted that we're shite. Even under Danny last season there was SOME bluff and bluster.

Looking forward to this. Many Maureens planning on coming through?

Would like to think we could muster up about 500 or so.

Worryingly I know a few people that I'd class as die hards are losing interest now. I think we are only down to about 3 supporters buses this season. When we were first promoted we had about 9/10.

StandFree is not only absolutely seething about the result this week, he's also seething he's not even getting any bites anymore.

Keep trying pal :lol:

3000 tickets sold for the away end at dens this Saturday. That's probably more than the total attendance at McDiarmid will be.

#crowdbantz #famous #prayforlex

3001 if you went.

Bites? All I've done is ask if St Mirren have a higher budget than St Johnstone. For some reason nobody will answer. You were going on about budgets on the other thread, I assumed you would know?

Your 'asking rhetorical questions that you think are hilarious then getting pissy and needy when nobody answers you' schtick got tired a very long time ago.

Also, boasting, unprompted, about Aberdeen crowds in an unrelated thread? Give me strength. You really are the neediest, clingiest person on the internet, aren't you?

:lol:

Probably less than ours, though I don't know.

It's clearly what you do with it that counts, though. To pick an example entirely at random, let's say Aberdeen, they have a far higher budget than both of our teams, yet have won the same number of trophies as both St Mirren and St Johnstone (though not if you combine the teams) in the past 15 years. Which you'd imagine must lead to immense frustration and neediness among some of their fans.

3000 tickets sold for the away end at dens this Saturday. That's probably more than the total attendance at McDiarmid will be.

#crowdbantz #famous #prayforlex

Typical Sevco / Septic type pish. We have loads of fans so we are a big club. You had 10000 plus fans on Tuesday night but still you couldn't beat one of thep oorest Saints teams in years so all you have to revert to is "we have more fans than you". Doesn't matter a flying fuk if you have 10 fans or 100,000 fans the bottom line is you couldn't beat us at home.

St Johnstone's playing budget is under £1 million I believe. I'm sure that Lomas or Wright have talked about £800,000.

That was apparently last season's budget. Steve said in his July interview of doom that the wages of the current squad had gone over and above that figure. However, I think he was including Stevie May's projected new wage in those figures. We've brought in 4 since that interview, including a player with 48 caps for his country, so I would imagine our budget will have increased now.

Only been up to Perth for the footy once. Is there a pub closer to the ground than The Foundry (is that's it's name)? Was a cheery place for a few pints but the walk to the park was pretty sobering (in both senses).

There are 6 within a mile of McD.

Welcome Inn

Letham Club

Tulloch Institute

Glovers Arms

Muirton Suite (under the main stand)

Archived