General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure there's a moral high ground to be taken here to be honest. Stupid thing to say regardless of the context, and the comments about the pensioners are actually quite disgusting.

I agree. So what happens next?

I suppose the SNP will either have to run with him for the election and 'investigate' if he wins the seat or pull out all together? Two weeks until election day - too late to field a replacement I'd imagine?

I suppose the SNP will either have to run with him for the election and 'investigate' if he wins the seat or pull out all together? Two weeks until election day - too late to field a replacement I'd imagine?

A week is a long time in politics.

Two weeks must be an eternity.

Some postal votes have already gone. Its prob the point of no return. Im sure Nicola will condemn what he said. Prob too late to replace

Nicola sturgeon said "quisling has no place in political debate" that was during this campaign she should practice what she preaches and sack this candidate now and are you saying because it was 3 years ago that it is acceptable to make these comments.

Doesn't an apology make you immune from censure?

Tbf he didn't attack "the elderly", he had a go at "some elderly voters."

As much as I think this guy has been a complete and utter idiot and an embarrassment to the SNP, I don't believe in dragging up someone's views from the past that they have distanced themselves from. just like the paisley candidate, if these remarks were made after they stood for selection then this would be a totally different story and he would be out the door.

Nicola sturgeon said "quisling has no place in political debate" that was during this campaign she should practice what she preaches and sack this candidate now and are you saying because it was 3 years ago that it is acceptable to make these comments.

Calm yourself down and allow yourself to use some punctuation, FFS

I'm not sure there's a moral high ground to be taken here to be honest. Stupid thing to say regardless of the context, and the comments about the pensioners are actually quite disgusting.

Yeah it was stupid but there's people who will try to blow it out of all proportion and will be ably assisted by the media.

On the scale of things that politicians will say, and more importantly do, it's incredibly minor.

A fair bit of whataboutery in here.

Likening two thirds of your constituents to Nazi collaborators is indefensible for someone who wants to be an elected representative.

Archived