General Election 2015

Ludo*1

which polls have Labour getting anywhere near 305 seats? most poll of polls have them around 270-280.

edited to add: You are usually a pretty sound poster with some decent insights, but the whole nat scumbag/w****r thing is a wee bit heads gone.

Must have told all his pals down there a No vote would put the Nats back in their box

That hasn't worked out well..

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

which polls have Labour getting anywhere near 305 seats? most poll of polls have them around 270-280.

Tories have almost one message.

"The SNP will control the a Labour government", why do you think that is

a) Because it is the most successful way of preventing Labour becoming more popular.

b)Their dont want to boast about their hugely popular housing plans because they are too modest.

The SNP are playing their half of the game.

edited to add: You are usually a pretty sound poster with some decent insights, but the whole nat scumbag/w****r thing is a wee bit heads gone.

Many\ most of my mates are on low incomes, zero hours contracts..... I had no problem, zip with the SNP till I realised they were playing up to the Conservatives. I make no apologies. My mates before my rep on this forum.

You need 326 seats in your block to be able to carry confidence motions (and other legislation) in the Commons. Given the Libs might get 25 ish and the SDLP 2, so a Lab\LD\SDLP block would be viable with Labour getting near 304/5ish seats. Why does this explain Boss Nass boasting he would be writing the budget (which all the neo nationalists immediately declared "only a joke" and yet gets a high billing in English press)?If the Lab\Lib\SDLP block is viable, then either the SNP would have to offer a better deal or they would get locked out.

So the SNP and Conservative keep playing their little double game of pretending to hate each other while needing each other. Scumbags like Sturgeon and Boss Nass make ludicrous comments like the manifesto of eternal spending and the Tories use this in the English marginals.

Off course this is all ludicrous because Cameron would not be laughing at not tweeting Boss Nass's fantasies....

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/590851033753985025

Con\SNP. W&nkers.

Of course the English press are going big with Salmond's joke - and it was a joke, as even the most blinkered and bitter anti-Scot (hiya, Dave!) knows. What they fear more than anything else, like the so called mainstream parties, is any disruption to the status quo.

Well, fück them, fück the "big" parties and, if you really do buy into this shite and aren't trolling, fück you.

Maybe if any of the putative political heavyweights had anything positive to say about themselves, they wouldn't have to make shite up about a party which, agree or disagree with their policies, are undeniably and overwhelmingly the representatives of choice of a sizeable chunk of the electorate - a chunk, moreover, that these same racists (and their behaviour is blatantly racist) claimed undying love for just seven months ago.

Strange how these bàstards don't like democracy when it tells them their time's up...

I repeat, fück 'em all, and anyone stupid enough to buy into their propaganda.

You need 326 seats in your block to be able to carry confidence motions (and other legislation) in the Commons. Given the Libs might get 25 ish and the SDLP 2, so a Lab\LD\SDLP block would be viable with Labour getting near 304/5ish seats. Why does this explain Boss Nass boasting he would be writing the budget (which all the neo nationalists immediately declared "only a joke" and yet gets a high billing in English press)?If the Lab\Lib\SDLP block is viable, then either the SNP would have to offer a better deal or they would get locked out.

So the SNP and Conservative keep playing their little double game of pretending to hate each other while needing each other. Scumbags like Sturgeon and Boss Nass make ludicrous comments like the manifesto of eternal spending and the Tories use this in the English marginals.

Off course this is all ludicrous because Cameron would not be laughing at not tweeting Boss Nass's fantasies....

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/590851033753985025

Con\SNP. W&nkers.

Bloody hell, this a prolonged breakdown now.

a) Because it is the most successful way of preventing Labour becoming more popular.

b)Their dont want to boast about their hugely popular housing plans because they are too modest.

Many\ most of my mates are on low incomes, zero hours contracts..... I had no problem, zip with the SNP till I realised they were playing up to the Conservatives. I make no apologies. My mates before my rep on this forum.

Eh.... they aren't?

Many of your mates on low income and/or zero hours contracts? Are you, in fact, a Labour MP?

Oh sorry, that would be your staff, not your mates.

How is promising to lock the Tories out of government "playing up to them"? :unsure:

I thought the Tories would scrape home a few months ago, but I think they're fucked now, the arithmetic just isn't there for them.

How is promising to lock the Tories out of government "playing up to them"? :unsure:

I thought the Tories would scrape home a few months ago, but I think they're fucked now, the arithmetic just isn't there for them.

Correct, I don't think they'll even be the biggest party on the day - Labour are doing a wee bit better in the English marginals, while Milliband is no longer quite a drag on his party ratings. Pretty much every Tory strategy has backfired.

I will if the Tories get in.

I will make no apologies for that.

Hate to break it to you if Labour cant get enough seats thats Labours fault and not anybody else,but we all look forward to your meltdown on or around the 8th of may

Just finishing watching the Welsh leaders debate, the welsh unionist parties especially Labour using exactly the same scare stories as we've heard from the Scottish branches up here.

Because that is not the message being played on repeat for the last week in England.

Its the SNP are going to be running things and spending like there is no tomorrow. The Tories pulled an unbelievable figure of £8 billion a year extra spending on the NHS. Labour were using this as a stick to beat them as "uncosted spending" then the SNP pulled £9 billion on the NHS and various other spending commitments. They constantly talk up how they will run things down here, how much they will spend with only superficial interest in where the money will come from and now Salmond starts joking about writing the budget.

The SNP could be focussing on Scottish issue beating Scottish Labour into a pulp. Instead they just "seem" to keep playing up to the SNP bogey man image in the South.

An image that is the Tories no 1 selling point.

Just when the whole "Miliband is unelectable" was collapsing they have a whole new story. One Labour can do nothing about.

And all our little cybernat friends pretend that this is unconnected with the loss of power the SNP will have if the Lab\Lib\SDLP block becomes viable. Because the SNP are soooooooo above politics. They have 60 years of being to the left of Labour or something.

I saw a few Tory commentators last night on Twitter talking about Cameron not really being up for the battle. He does seem to be make a half arsed effort in this campaign, but the whole thing is a shambles for them.

Correct, I don't think they'll even be the biggest party on the day - Labour are doing a wee bit better in the English marginals, while Milliband is no longer quite a drag on his party ratings. Pretty much every Tory strategy has backfired.

I'm not so sure all this Milliband bashing has failed so they are attacking the thought of a Labour/SNP coalition. Might work for them, let's hope not.

In defence of unionists in Wales, Wales is a total puppet state of England. Scotland would actually have a realistic chance of doing well on their own.

The people of Wales realise this and opinion polling on Welsh independence has support in single figures.

I saw a few Tory commentators last night on Twitter talking about Cameron not really being up for the battle. He does seem to be make a half arsed effort in this campaign, but the whole thing is a shambles for them.

I've seen speculation that he wants out and might be prepared to step down imminently even if the Tories win the election.

Just finishing watching the Welsh leaders debate, the welsh unionist parties especially Labour using exactly the same scare stories as we've heard from the Scottish branches up here.

They have taken Wales for granted just like in Scotland. Not really any big incentive for them to change much. Interesting to see if Wood is able to capitalise with more tv exposure.

The Assembly also is looked at with some confusion. Members of the public were asked about which powers were devolved and which aren't. A lot didn't know health was devolved

Archived