General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he resigns and the snp get the seat you wont care about the £1.4m cost to the tax payer.

Do you think it's acceptable that a government minister started a public enquiry, that cost £1.4 million, which he could have avoided by admitting he's a fucking weasel?

How do you figure that out like?

Eta: why don't you care about this by the way?!?!?!?

People make stupid mistakes all the time and carmichael f****d up on this badly,but he has been a mp for 14 years for orkney and shetland serving the islands and its people,i dont see why he should not get another chance.

People make stupid mistakes all the time and carmichael f****d up on this badly,but he has been a mp for 14 years for orkney and shetland serving the islands and its people,i dont see why he should not get another chance.

There's 1,400,000 reasons why he shouldn't get another chance

How can you not get your head around how mental that is

That sum of money wasted purely because of a lie is absolutely shocking

He can stand again in a by-election can't he?

Also confused as to what his 14 years is a case for or against here.

It makes it only £100,000 a year now maybe???

If this was an SNP MP I'd be livid and want him chucked as far away as possible from the party

Do you think it's acceptable that a government minister started a public enquiry, that cost £1.4 million, which he could have avoided by admitting he's a fucking weasel?

Where has this figure come from? I really doubt if the enquiry cost that.

I think Carmichael staying on will rebound badly on the LibDems.

Its not a case for or against him, all it means is the voters have trusted him for 14 years to represent them as their mp,

Its not a case for or against him, all it means is the voters have trusted him for 14 years to represent them as their mp,

Perhaps their trust in him might not have been so unfailing had he owned up before the election...

Joe builds bridges. He studies hard, works through his training and has an illustrious 14 year career building bridges around the world. He sucks one cock.....

Never known as Joe the bridge builder again.

Prejudice and accusations of homophobia in the "pr parable of the bridge builder" aside, reputation is pretty fundamental to an elected official.

Admitting his involvement quickly and saving £1.4m could have allowed him to maintain his reputation and the trust of the electorate, after all we all deserve a second chance. But by lying, he deprived the electorate of the ability to make an informed choice and betrayed that trust. And you only need to do that once.

The SNP need to actually put Orcadians and Shetlanders up for election there to be sure of winning next time.

The argument on the Westminster seat has always been that you don't want someone that would be seen as favouring one set of islands over the other and maybe the candidate the SNP chose was seen in Orkney as being a bit too Shetland. Thought Danus Skene did amazingly well over all and suspect that the SNP will probably stand him against Tavish Scott to try to keep that momentum going.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3096621/Average-Scot-1-600-spent-Englishman.html

The foolish Ms Sturgeon, her muppet voters and the 55 plus Mhairi Bleck are upsetting the English. You know you should never bite the hand that feeds you. Simple rule.

What that article fails to mention is that tax raised in Scotland is more than in England (per capita). Scotland subsidises rUK.

Archived