General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Interview on local islands radio posted on wings. Well worth hearing. The interviewer gets tore into the fat liar, who thinks hes done nothing wrong. His brassneckedness is unbelievable and he even try to make out near the end that the whole thing is the SNPs fault. The people of Orkney and Shetland deserve better than this walloper

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interview on local islands radio posted on wings. Well worth hearing. The interviewer gets tore into the fat liar, who thinks hes done nothing wrong. His brassneckedness is unbelievable and he even try to make out near the end that the whole thing is the SNPs fault. The people of Orkney and Shetland deserve better than this walloper

Not only was it a good interview - I now want to be an interviewer for this radio station!

In that interview Carmichael says that he and his staff cooperated fully with the inquiry.

If that's the case, the Cabinet Secretary would've been in full possession of the facts about five minutes after the inquiry opened, because Carmichael would've just told him what he had done, and Heywood's findings could've easily been released before the election.

But they weren't.

Seems like he can't be recalled. Sneeky Clegg's legislation hasn't come into force yet. Even the press were fooled.

Needs outrage from the Islanders. He'll probably survive. Would be best for the LibDems to cut him loose but...

http://lallandspeatworrier.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/why-alistair-carmichael-cant-be-recalled.html?m=1&utm_content=buffer63c7b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Mundell has form too when it comes to leaking. This attack on him from his own side:

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/torydiary/2007/03/david_mundell_m.html

b*****d. :(

Looks like the corpulent liar will avoid recall them. Still lots of opportunities for humiliation but I'm sure he'll just try to brazen it out.

Has no-mark Rennie surfaced yet? seem to recall him getting tore into Sturgeon within a few hours of the story breaking and he's been awfully quiet.

Mind when the Lib Dems used to claim they had principles?

Had a listen to the interview, clearly thinks it is a minor issue and he thinks he should be forgiven because he has served shetland/orkney for 14 years and started listing the good things he has done while in office. I cannot see how he can go on but it looks like he will just ride it out, bit of a farce really.

Some brassneck on the boy though, started having a dig at the SNP near the end of the interview! Probably doesn't want to start that battle as the SNP will have lots of ammo on him and the Lib Dems. Guarantee though if the SNP do use it against him it will be 'nasty SNP won't let it go' and 'I've said I'm sorry, that should be the end of it'.

There's a part of me hopes he hangs on for the full five years, resented and useless like Eric Joyce, but immovable.

The Libs would see this as getting one over on the Nats - looking at it short-term - but in fact they'd be trashing their own reutation in their last Scottish stronghold, and handing us the formerly-unwinnable Northern Isles on a plate at the next election and for some time to come.

SNP candidate Danus Skene doesn't seem all that popular up there though. Mind you, neither is Carmichael now.

Because it would be interesting to hear what a Lib Dem parliamentary candidate thinks of it. Despite disagreeing with him on some things, he always comes across as pretty honest and fairly independent when discussing his party. I like that about his contributions.

Because it would be interesting to hear what a Lib Dem parliamentary candidate thinks of it. Despite disagreeing with him on some things, he always comes across as pretty honest and fairly independent when discussing his party. I like that about his contributions.

This.

I would not get your hopes up.

If he surfaces expect maximum whataboutery deflection tactics.

Archived