General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/19/your-37-per-cent-tory

You’re now 37% Tory. So am I. And if you don’t agree, you’re in denial

"Meanwhile members of Her Majesty’s government reassemble. Slithering back into their familiar Commons benchmarks. Purring like hotel minibars. Here’s a “soft question” for Labour to ponder. How did we fail to dislodge this sadistic bunch of bumbling incumbents?"

I could have sworn you said you were going to spoil your ballot paper.

Out of interest, what makes someone who voted No in the referendum vote for the SNP?

Its the "hb" defence,i voted for the winners

I could have sworn you said you were going to spoil your ballot paper.

Out of interest, what makes someone who voted No in the referendum vote for the SNP?

I thought he spoiled his ballot paper in the referendum?

Although as a No/SNP voter I'll say that the SNP are by far the best party to look after Scotland's interests at WM, holdiny the government to account over more powers. My area was a Lab-SNP marginal, so it was a case of two candidates who wanted to put the same man in to number 10, so I could vote for Ricky Henderson who would blindly vote with the branch office every time or Cherry who would give Scotland a voice. No brainer.

Next year I vote SNP on the constituency but my list vote is up for grabs.

I thought he spoiled his ballot paper in the referendum? Although as a No/SNP voter I'll say that the SNP are by far the best party to look after Scotland's interests at WM, holdiny the government to account over more powers. My area was a Lab-SNP marginal, so it was a case of two candidates who wanted to put the same man in to number 10, so I could vote for Ricky Henderson who would blindly vote with the branch office every time or Cherry who would give Scotland a voice. No brainer. Next year I vote SNP on the constituency but my list vote is up for grabs.

I'm sure Scotland's political leaders are on tenterhooks.

:)

Anyone want to keep a running tally of how many times Bairn changes his mind on that constituency vote by next May? Bear in mind he's supported every political party in the country over the last couple of years, depending on the phase of the moon.

Natalie McGarry already doing my head in. The way she comes across at times make it seem like men should be ashamed of themselves for being men in certain jobs.

Nothing wrong with wanting gender balance, but no need to be so hostile towards men about it.

Still, it was worth to see the look on Curran face on election night

Natalie McGarry already doing my head in. The way she comes across at times make it seem like men should be ashamed of themselves for being men in certain jobs.

Nothing wrong with wanting gender balance, but no need to be so hostile towards men about it.

I really like McGarry, but she's starting to get a little too ridiculous on the gender issue. She has to realise that not EVERYTHING is a gender issue.

If she carries on with her shite, she'll be out the door in 5 years time. She apparently got slated by the crowd at a couple of hustings events and accused the hecklers of being paid labour staffers :lol:

I really like McGarry, but she's starting to get a little too ridiculous on the gender issue. She has to realise that not EVERYTHING is a gender issue.

Yeah, it seems like hardly a day goes past without her making a comment about "men"

I agree with the comment I don't think she has the mental strength to survive the next 5 years if she is already getting this easily wound up.

Totally agree. I had to unfollow her today. Quite pathetic really, she accused a journo of being childish too! :lol:

It's great that she managed to get elected and is obviously still on a high, think she needs to calm down a bit.

I'm sure Natalie McGarry will survive a few men on a message board whining about how she should shut up about aww that feminist shite or she'll never find a husband. She's entirely right that Fleet Street is a fucking sausage fest right now and that doing something about that might help to do away with the most poisonous parts of hackery in this country. Also, there are more women who will vote for her because she's fighting for them than there are men greeting about it.

If she carries on with her shite, she'll be out the door in 5 years time. She apparently got slated by the crowd at a couple of hustings events and accused the hecklers of being paid labour staffers :lol:

I like McGarry but don't think she has the mental strength for this. She seems to get awful easy wound up.

Yeah, it seems like hardly a day goes past without her making a comment about "men"

I agree with the comment I don't think she has the mental strength to survive the next 5 years if she is already getting this easily wound up.

^^^ All of the above.

Kind of surprised her Tory boyfriend hasn't gotten sick of it yet. Then again who can blame him when he wakes up to this face every morning :wub:

David-Meikle-Natalie-McGarry.jpg

I'm sure Natalie McGarry will survive a few men on a message board whining about how she should shut up about aww that feminist shite or she'll never find a husband. She's entirely right that Fleet Street is a fucking sausage fest right now and that doing something about that might help to do away with the most poisonous parts of hackery in this country. Also, there are more women who will vote for her because she's fighting for them than there are men greeting about it.

You'd have a point if anyone on here had said any of that FFS

Maybe try reading again.

As I've said, I like McGarry. I'm deighted she got elected and feel she has a real desire to improve the lot of those in the East End.

I don't think it's in any way misogynistic or anti-feminine to point out that she does play the gender card a little too often.

You'd have a point if anyone on here had said any of that FFS

I couldn't actually read most of your posts, as the words were all blotted out by your male tears.

McGarry's an outspoken feminist. That's her thing. It was her thing before she was an MP, it's her thing now. Whether or not it is directly effective, it's only by loudly voicing opinions which shift the window of acceptable discourse in that direction that anything will ever be done about this still massively prevalent chauvinism within Westminster and the upper echelons of power in general. So get over it.

Archived