General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why SNP supporters even care about who won the overall majority. Their influence now is greater than its ever been and getting into bed with one of the parties in a coalition could have damaged them lib dem style.

I don't understand why SNP supporters even care about who won the overall majority. Their influence now is greater than its ever been and getting into bed with one of the parties in a coalition could have damaged them lib dem style.

They was no chance whatsoever of SNP going into coalition with anyone.

A labour minority government could have been rattled a bit and legislation influenced. No one was EVER talking about a coalition and I don't understand why it still gets mentioned.

Well that 'virtual House of Commons' thing on the BBC there wasn't creepy at all.

I kept expecting a mad axeman to chop the heads of people who lost their seats.

Back to Ad Lib.

There was chat on here last night that in addition to doing a Dale Carrick live on telly he had managed to get enough votes to save his deposit.

His % share was 1.9, but I thought the threshold was 5%?

F*cking hell, finally up to date on this thread!

Ann McKechin gone - pleasing.

Jim Murphy gone - pleasing.

Cathy Jamieson gone - pleasing.

Magrit Curran gone - pleasing.

Dougie Alexander gone - pleasing.

Danny Alexander gone - pleasing.

I've always had time for Charles Kennedy, so a wee bit sad to see him go in that way, and the same for Vince Cable down south, but what a night.

I shall celebrate in the following way:

z7PQdOt.gif

Who am I kidding?

1296870506_randymarshjizz.jpg

Dear lord, just looking at the possible candidates for Labour leader. Obviously, like the branch office, they've got no fucking idea why they're in the position they are.

Tony Benn had it right - if people want Tories, they will vote for the real thing. Arseholes, sure, but not weasel careerists desperate for popularity over principles.

I actually respect Cameron and his school chums more than this lot. They must be constantly amazed how much of a shagging the people of this country will take, and they won't stop while the electorate is more interested in Coronation St than Downing St.

I've always had time for Charles Kennedy, so a wee bit sad to see him go in that way, and the same for Vince Cable down south, but what a night.

The only 2 all night that I had the slightest feeling of empathy with.

Both at Westminster and on a local level, he's been in cruise control and retirement mode for the best part of the last decade. His time was well and truly up.

I shall celebrate in the following way:

z7PQdOt.gif

Who am I kidding?

He's just waiting to attack us according to one, upset, Labour voter on Call Kaye.

I feel that polling in the last week should be banned, it happened in the referendum then ITV put out one on Tuesday with the %'s virtually unchanged but Labour being 29 seats ahead, IMO that poll was put out there in that manner to scare voters in England, I really don't think such skullduggery is democratic in the slightest.

I have a strong conviction this is really good news for Scotland in the long run

But a lot of my SNP supporting mates are gutted

In the long term it will be a good thing for the SNP: these next five years will be remembered when Indyref2 comes around. That's not going to be in the next five years though so it won't be a massive consolation in the short term.

Hopefully the Tories contrive to self-destruct before they're halfway through this term with some kind of f**k up over the EU Referendum and we end up with a de-facto minority due to internal Tory disagreements: far easier to have an influence in that situation than up against a majority, however small.

Both at Westminster and on a local level, he's been in cruise control and retirement mode for the best part of the last decade. His time was well and truly up.

He should have chucked it tbh. I'd rather have seen him bow out than get punted.

Archived