General Election 2015

Ludo*1

56 - 1 - 1 - 1

How many people thought it would actually be quite that good?

If I had to bet my life on it I wouldn't have went as high regardless of the polls, the swings are unprecedented in UK election history.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for the more politically astute than me, is it not a bit of a disaster if Con go on to get a majority? Not that it's Scotland's fault of course, but yet again we will be getting a government we didn't vote for, and with a majority they can pass any laws they fancy?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

50% of the popular vote. Regardless of some polls who thought we could actually achieve that?

Highest number of party votes cast in Scotland. EVER! 8)

Question for the more politically astute than me, is it not a bit of a disaster if Con go on to get a majority? Not that it's Scotland's fault of course, but yet again we will be getting a government we didn't vote for, and with a majority they can pass any laws they fancy?

Slim majorities aren't great, the SNP get to shout without any of the risk.

Hope so, can't have Ian Murray withdrawing his Foundation of Hearts monthly payment if he's not on an MP salary anymore. :lol:

He probably puts it on his expenses. Sad to see him stay. Must be all posh students voting for him in fear of Nicola.

Archived