General Election 2015

Ludo*1

He read out three, none of them very complimentary but none praised either

"Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies?" - Swampy, circa. 2011/12(ish)

1. Grumbling about SNP wanting to "lock out" Tories.

2. Comparison to Nick Clegg in 2010.

3. "People across the country are looking to the progressive policies of the SNP, PC, Greens"

4. "Nicola is the strongest politician and we need someone like her to get this country back on track"

5. "I admire Nicola Sturgeon... I wish we had more like her in England"

6. "She's a hypocrite... meddling in other UK affairs"

7. SHE'S PART OF THE FAR LEFT!!!111

So 7 comments. I was wrong about the "majority" but two people praised her, one praised the SNP policies, three were anti-SNP, and the other observed that Nick Clegg was the "star" in 2010 so Nicola Sturgeon (and everyone else) should be wary about what happens next. Not exactly BBC bias.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't be a shock to me, not an easy SNP seat to win. Quite surprised he picked that one, know quite a lot will vote against him from my work. The boundaries changed in 2005 which will help him imho.

Someone backed Lib dem at 3k that is why the price has come in.

You can still get them at 11/2. SNP are 1/6.

Bookies aren't often wrong by that much. Especially in politics.

Yes he does. Strichen is in Banff and Buchan where he was the MP previously (since 1987) until Eilidh Whiteford took over in 2010. Not quite sure the extend of the boundary but Strichen must be well within it as I believe that B&B now includes Turra.

Bit slow today, your username finally makes sense to me. :)

Yeah that's much further down than I thought, although I think Gordon has shuffled down as well now as it now incudes Bridge of Don and other city outskirts iirc.

What's she like? My sister votes there, doesn't know her from Adam but has met the Labour guy a couple of times and rates him. She wants SNP to do well but is havering about who to vote for. She didn't perform too well at the hustings apparently. A lot of the SNP candidates will be relative newbies up against experienced Labourites.

Tom Greatrex is probably one of the few Labour MPs that I'd be really surprised if he's gone on Friday.

While more probably can be done on tax evasion and bank regulation, and I think Milliband's Labour would do a lot more on those things than the Tories, unfortunately I don't think it's that simple.

Top post. You typed about 40 words that said absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't bother next time.

"Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies?" - Swampy, circa. 2011/12(ish)

1. Grumbling about SNP wanting to "lock out" Tories.

2. Comparison to Nick Clegg in 2010.

3. "People across the country are looking to the progressive policies of the SNP, PC, Greens"

4. "Nicola is the strongest politician and we need someone like her to get this country back on track"

5. "I admire Nicola Sturgeon... I wish we had more like her in England"

6. "She's a hypocrite... meddling in other UK affairs"

7. SHE'S PART OF THE FAR LEFT!!!111

So 7 comments. I was wrong about the "majority" but two people praised her, one praised the SNP policies, three were anti-SNP, and the other observed that Nick Clegg was the "star" in 2010 so Nicola Sturgeon (and everyone else) should be wary about what happens next. Not exactly BBC bias.

Aye but you're a Lib Dem so f**k off. (Elixir, 2015)

Bit slow today, your username finally makes sense to me. :)

Yeah that's much further down than I thought, although I think Gordon has shuffled down as well now as it now incudes Bridge of Don and other city outskirts iirc.

Ha ha. I was into Aberdeen on Sunday and was wondering why the Bridge of Don had vote Salmond posters up. Looked it up when I got back home.

It isn't just Glasgow and Dundee. It is all over the country.

Subsidies are one thing. Allowing a firm like Vodafone to write off a large chunk of it's corporation tax bill over a posh dinner is quite another.

Tax relief is a form of subsidy. Don't confuse it with tax avoidance.

Jeepers, this speech by the simple Cyclops is painful. I think he's actually believing that today's Labour party has something, anything in common with the party that was founded by workers to represent workers. Strangely enough, the hand-picked audience are lapping it up. If he spouted this pish in public, he'd get pelters that Jim Murphy could only dream of spinning into another playing of the victim card. Seriously embarrassing, and even Labour know it's not going to persuade anyone.

Ha ha. I was into Aberdeen on Sunday and was wondering why the Bridge of Don had vote Salmond posters up. Looked it up when I got back home.

Aye I was quite surprised when I moved into my new gaff(Dyce) that it was Gordon and not AN, but works for me. And more urban voters should also benefit Salmond as well you'd imagine.

Well I've only been around for about half a century so I can't really talk about the 250 years before that, but the independence movement seems to have really got going post 2008, and especially after the election of Cameron's Old Etonians.

A fairer division of the union's wealth would mean among other things more resources being redistributed from London out to the more deprived areas like Scotland. This is right and proper since London is the economic engine of the UK. It inevitably sucks talent out of the peripheries but these people's taxes need to be redistributed around the country to support growth elsewhere. I know this sounds grim but it is true, it's a problem all over the world that mega-cities are becoming like rich countries in themselves leaving the rest of the country cut off from the bulk of wealth generation. This problem is not solved by the periphery cutting itself off from the centre, it is made much worse because then the talent leaves to make its fortune and nothing comes back. The only way to stop it would be to close the borders.

Yeah the problem is we don't want our country to be 'the periphery' anymore dear. You're just another Labour drone.

Might be murdered by my Tory father tonight when I tell him I'm voting SNP

Get in 1st and kick his c**t in.

Might be murdered by my Tory father tonight when I tell him I'm voting SNP

Might find he's doing the same. Two of the diehard Tories in our work have said they're voting SNP because the prospect of seeing Murphy in tears early Friday morning is too good to pass up.

Might find he's doing the same. Two of the diehard Tories in our work have said they're voting SNP because the prospect of seeing Murphy in tears early Friday morning is too good to pass up.

To quote my father:

"I do not want jimmy cranky and her fat Jambo fuckboy in charge"

If he votes SNP then Scotland will be independent in 5 years time.

Archived