General Election 2015

Ludo*1

You don't know the meaning of the word. The hand wringers on here demanding people behave exactly as they approve of and no other way, even if they are acting completely legally, are much closer to fascists than anyone else on here.

Nope, you're deffo a full blown UK hating, English hating, small minded fascist. It was funny how you vanished after your last few months of bile though :)

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, you're deffo a full blown UK hating, English hating, small minded fascist. It was funny how you vanished after your last few months of bile though :)

I'm not sure who you're confusing me with but have little interest in your ramblings. If you can provide proof of me hating English people please do, otherwise you're talking bullshit. The UK I hate, but any reasonable person should.

You don't know the meaning of the word fascist.

I'm not sure who you're confusing me with but have little interest in your ramblings. If you can provide proof of me hating English people please do, otherwise you're talking bullshit. The UK I hate, but any reasonable person should.

You don't know the meaning of the word fascist.

You, Casual Bi, are more obvious than a large obvious thing wearing a T-Shirt saying, 'look at me, I'm obvious'!

Iain Martin and other #SNPout brigade comparing us to the nazis now.

Sakes

I've seen the SNP compared to the nazis a few times, and Stalin, and the other day on another forum someone compared SNP land reform plans to Robert Mugabe :lol: Absolutely tremendous viewing seeing everyone soiling themselves as Thursday nears.

"Demanding" as in stating in clear language that these folk have every right to heckle people on the streets if they wish but that in my opinion, they're bellends?

Nae bother.

Aye, I don't think any of the "handwringers" have "demanded" anything, but that doesn't suit the fuzzster's narrative.

You both have, you don't need to use the word demand. You are outraged at their behaviour and won't stop going on about it, even though they've broken no laws. That's the same thing and pedantry does not change that fact.

They need a 2/3rds majority to dissolve Parliament which is unlikely, so the Civil Service would have to run things until a Queen's speech is passed, or the Parliament is dissolved and a new election is set. Belgium managed quite well with no government for nearly a year and a half, so I think a deal will be stitched up to stop the politicians looking unnecessary. I'm pretty sure there's nothing the Queen can do about it.

My understanding of it is that Cameron remains Prime Minister until it is clear that he cannot command a majority in the HOC. Now, the dubiety of the situation lies with what point it becomes "clear". Personally I would argue that the point would come immediately after the election when - if polls are correct - Labour and the SNP combined have more than 326 seats. That's not to say that Labour and the SNP would form a coalition, but that Cameron absolutely would not be able to command the support of the house (Unless he chooses to reach out to Miliband to work together)

In practice Cameron is likely to argue that he is entitled to cling to power until it's clear that Miliband CAN command a majority.

My UK prediction is

Labour - 275

Tories - 270

SNP - 48

Lib Dems - 30

DUP - 9

SF - 6

PC - 4

SDLP - 2

UKIP - 2

Greens, Respect, Independents, Speaker - 1 each

You remove the 6 SF MPs and 2 Labour, 1 Tory MP (deputy speakers) and that would mean you'd need just 321 seats for a majority

Labour would be 48 short so Labour + SNP would be a wafer think overall majority of 1.

The more I think about this the more I expect the Lib Dems to get involved at some point.

Firhill Road has whooshed ye's all. He was doing a Jim Murphy impression. He even started with "I hope you don't mind me asking/saying?" as a hint. Deary me.

The correct answer to his question was "1924".

Wrong. Baldwin romped home for the Tories with a huge majority.

Actually the true answer is 1955. The Conservative party had less MP's than Labour, but the Liberal Unionists, National Liberals, Scottish Unionists and others helped them out.

Wrong. Tory majority of 60 for Anthony Eden. The "National Liberals" by 1947 were about as much a separate party as the Labour Co-Operative "joint" candidates, & most candidates adopting that tag were doing so merely for cosmetic purposes (along with so-called "Liberal Unionists" in Scotland which started as joint Liberal & Tory candidates in strong Labour areas but which became a flag of convenience). As for the Ulster Unionists, they took the Tory whip in the Commons until they went in the huff over the Anglo-Irish agreement in the 80s.

The Tories toyed with the idea of reviving the "National Liberals" back in 2013 for the Scottish & Welsh Assemblies at the same time Labour toyed with running a separate Cooperative slate for Holyrood to maximise their top up seats.

They need a 2/3rds majority to dissolve Parliament which is unlikely, so the Civil Service would have to run things until a Queen's speech is passed, or the Parliament is dissolved and a new election is set. Belgium managed quite well with no government for nearly a year and a half, so I think a deal will be stitched up to stop the politicians looking unnecessary. I'm pretty sure there's nothing the Queen can do about it.

Parliament will also dissolve a fortnight after the motion "This House has no confidence in Her Majesty's Government" is passed with a simple majority of those who vote. The dissolution will only be halted if the motion "This House has confidence in Her Majesty's Government" is passed within that fortnight.

The no confidence motion forces the Prime Minister to resign, taking the government with him. He can then try again, or advise the Queen to invite the leader of the opposition to have a go.

So in theory, David Cameron could have a shot at forming a minority government only to be ejected by Labour and the SNP/PC/Greens, who then pass a confidence motion in a Labour minority government.

But in practice, I don't think it will happen. Even if Labour is too intransigent to talk to the SNP, the Civil Service isn't. They'll sound out potential support and strongly advise accordingly. So my feeling is that whatever party occupies the government benches on 18th May is the party that will stay there - for the time being, at least.

My understanding of it is that Cameron remains Prime Minister until it is clear that he cannot command a majority in the HOC. Now, the dubiety of the situation lies with what point it becomes "clear". Personally I would argue that the point would come immediately after the election when - if polls are correct - Labour and the SNP combined have more than 326 seats. That's not to say that Labour and the SNP would form a coalition, but that Cameron absolutely would not be able to command the support of the house (Unless he chooses to reach out to Miliband to work together)

In practice Cameron is likely to argue that he is entitled to cling to power until it's clear that Miliband CAN command a majority.

My UK prediction is

Labour - 275

Tories - 270

SNP - 48

Lib Dems - 30

DUP - 9

SF - 6

PC - 4

SDLP - 2

UKIP - 2

Greens, Respect, Independents, Speaker - 1 each

You remove the 6 SF MPs and 2 Labour, 1 Tory MP (deputy speakers) and that would mean you'd need just 321 seats for a majority

Labour would be 48 short so Labour + SNP would be a wafer think overall majority of 1.

The more I think about this the more I expect the Lib Dems to get involved at some point.

Stick my neck out here, Labour will not win more seats than the Tories.

Stick my neck out here, Labour will not win more seats than the Tories.

It wouldn't matter if they have the most seats anyway. As they have no chance of forming a majority coalition.

Last year I described Russell Brand as:

"a mercenary effete soundbite gobshite with as much grasp of the "issues" as the Teletubbies trying to reinvent himself as a Mark Thomas for the Twitterati & other voluntarily retarded shitgibbons wishing an air of pseudo-intellect without it taking up too much of their smartphone Clash of C**ts time.

If you are impressed by Russell Brand, you need bloody help - or rather a good kick up the arse. He is no George Monbiot."

to howls of outrage from the usual oxygen thieves for who Russell Brand is their bro cuz he's kewl n stuff.

But now:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32582337

Writes a book about not voting, makes a "documentary" about not voting, went on Newsnight & any other TV camera in range to demand "the kids" didn't vote... cuz like dem grown ups dunt lizen un we need a revolution un stuff... & now has gone back on everything he said & demands everyone votes Labour!

Oh yeah, those "revolutionary" people who would rather spend money on renewing Trident than on hospitals and schools?

His worshippers must be feeling like the ubercunts they are after this latest piece of shitgibbonry from that narcissistic sociopath.

After yesterday's events, today will be a nice, calm rational day with nothing out of the ordinary happening. Right?

Lets start off with a story about a 14 year old boy asking Nick Clegg if he could have Katie Hopkins killed

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/04/nick-clegg-katie-hopkins-arrested_n_7206870.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-politics&ir=UK+Politics

Archived