General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not whinging especially. And you're right, there are many good posters on the Yes side. I agree with a lot of what is being said. That said, fuzzy is basically undefendable he's that extreme.

Maybe I over reacted here, but I did load up the page before and the first message I saw from last night was that Arbroath kid call someone a mincer for liking flute bands or something, nobody picked him up on it, then this guy asks a perfectly understandable question and with in no time there's ridicule from 2 or 3 regulars.

I think, being kind to you, you just don't understand. In Scotland liking flute bands doesn't just mean you like flute bands. There's a lot more to it than that, especially with a self-confessed 'monarchist, unionist and loyalist' like Rob.

Its perfectly acceptable and even commendable to slate him for 'liking flute bands'. I guess you just don't get that as you aren't from here, though you should really remember there are things you don't understand when you are trying to tell us how we can and can't discuss our own country.

Excellent and exhaustive article on the Guardian website today on what to expect if there's a hung parliament...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/22/a-hung-parliament-dont-panic-democracy-will-take-its-course

They still have the SNP predicted to get 55 seats.

I'm hoping for an outcome like Ireland had in the 1918 election - without the war that followed, obviously :huh:

Why not? Immediate civil war, secession and a two state solution like Korea. West and East Scotland, the west can have a fascist dictatorship with Dundee an enemy

on the inside in the east.

Imagine living under dictatorship in somewhere like Possilpark but getting to regularly send threats of annihilation to Fife and Edinburgh? Ideal.

Why not? Immediate civil war, secession and a two state solution like Korea. West and East Scotland, the west can have a fascist dictatorship with Dundee an enemy

on the inside in the east.

Imagine living under dictatorship in somewhere like Possilpark but getting to regularly send threats of annihilation to Fife and Edinburgh? Ideal.

Does that mean we'd get our own version of M.A.S.H.?

Worth it imo.

I think, being kind to you, you just don't understand. In Scotland liking flute bands doesn't just mean you like flute bands. There's a lot more to it than that, especially with a self-confessed 'monarchist, unionist and loyalist' like Rob.

Its perfectly acceptable and even commendable to slate him for 'liking flute bands'. I guess you just don't get that as you aren't from here, though you should really remember there are things you don't understand when you are trying to tell us how we can and can't discuss our own country.

I was criticising the use of the word 'mincer' to abuse someone, not defending flute bands.

I'm not whinging especially. And you're right, there are many good posters on the Yes side. I agree with a lot of what is being said. That said, fuzzy is basically undefendable he's that extreme.

Maybe I over reacted here, but I did load up the page before and the first message I saw from last night was that Arbroath kid call someone a mincer for liking flute bands or something, nobody picked him up on it, then this guy asks a perfectly understandable question and with in no time there's ridicule from 2 or 3 regulars.

Mincer in this neck of the woods doesn't mean what you think it means, it is how you might describe someone whose "hade is fuhlla mince". Some might say that you qualify as a mincer ;-)

Judging from the percentage vote breakdown. A PR system is much more likely to favour the Tories in the long run. Sure, they'll need to do coalition governments with the likes of UKIP, but it will be Labour who'll be hurt by it the most. Given that Labour constituencies tend to be smaller compared to Tory ones. I suspect in the 2020 election, when the SNP return 40+ MPs, the Lib Dems win back some of their lost seats, and other minor parties take a few more seats, then it's going to lead to calls for a PR system.

So wee Gordys event in east kilbride is being spun as it was aimed at undecided voters,only problem was it was an invited only audience of labour supporters :lol:

As it always is with them nowadays.

If anyone wants to watch

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/

EDIT: The UKIP guy is a roaster, but still better than Coburn

Interesting that when they talked about health the Tory guy said that Scotland and Northern Ireland had protected their budgets while Labour had guy the Welsh budget. Didn't they argue the opposite about the Scottish budget in the scottish debate?

You need 326 seats in your block to be able to carry confidence motions (and other legislation) in the Commons. Given the Libs might get 25 ish and the SDLP 2, so a Lab\LD\SDLP block would be viable with Labour getting near 304/5ish seats. Why does this explain Boss Nass boasting he would be writing the budget (which all the neo nationalists immediately declared "only a joke" and yet gets a high billing in English press)?If the Lab\Lib\SDLP block is viable, then either the SNP would have to offer a better deal or they would get locked out.

So the SNP and Conservative keep playing their little double game of pretending to hate each other while needing each other. Scumbags like Sturgeon and Boss Nass make ludicrous comments like the manifesto of eternal spending and the Tories use this in the English marginals.

Off course this is all ludicrous because Cameron would not be laughing at not tweeting Boss Nass's fantasies....

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/590851033753985025

Con\SNP. W&nkers.

You need 326 seats in your block to be able to carry confidence motions (and other legislation) in the Commons. Given the Libs might get 25 ish and the SDLP 2, so a Lab\LD\SDLP block would be viable with Labour getting near 304/5ish seats. Why does this explain Boss Nass boasting he would be writing the budget (which all the neo nationalists immediately declared "only a joke" and yet gets a high billing in English press)?If the Lab\Lib\SDLP block is viable, then either the SNP would have to offer a better deal or they would get locked out.

So the SNP and Conservative keep playing their little double game of pretending to hate each other while needing each other. Scumbags like Sturgeon and Boss Nass make ludicrous comments like the manifesto of eternal spending and the Tories use this in the English marginals.

Off course this is all ludicrous because Cameron would not be laughing at not tweeting Boss Nass's fantasies....

Con\SNP. W&nkers.

which polls have Labour getting anywhere near 305 seats? most poll of polls have them around 270-280.

edited to add: You are usually a pretty sound poster with some decent insights, but the whole nat scumbag/w****r thing is a wee bit heads gone.

Con\SNP. W&nkers.

It seems very unlikely to me that anyone could see the Salmond quote and be thick enough not to think it was a joke. It seems incredible to me that anyone could see the footage and still think the same. I notice you had no reply to my post which completely blew your laughable theory out of the water.

Labour won't be getting anywhere near 300 seats either, I'm afraid.

Archived