General Election 2015

Ludo*1

I would love to see her lose

Amen to that brother.

She seems to be the P & B Labour candidate of choice for getting their arse handed to them. Which means we are all Natalie McGarry.

All the noises being made are that Curran is going to get utterly destroyed at the polls. The potential for a full on seething tears and snotters , seething breakdown is massive with Curran.

Approx 0300 on the 8th of May. Be near a telly

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen to that brother.

She seems to be the P & B Labour candidate of choice for getting their arse handed to them. Which means we are all Natalie McGarry.

All the noises being made are that Curran is going to get utterly destroyed at the polls. The potential for a full on seething tears and snotters , seething breakdown is massive with Curran.

Natalie seems like a great gal.

Amen to that brother.

I always have a bad feeling c***s like her will somehow pull a win out of the bag though.

I always have a bad feeling c***s like her will somehow pull a win out of the bag though.

I know what you mean, but these are noises coming from both the SNP and Labour camps. She's desperately trying to hold on to her seat and failing miserably. Her own party are pissed off at her for diverting much needed funds to Glasgow East. The SNP do have history here and are more than capable of winning. She is in denial of what is happening to her.

I pray I am not wrong, but even if the night doesn't go as well as predicted around the country, I still expect her to lose.

It's maybe a discussion to have after the election to see what's left of the Labour party in Scotland.

If it's as bad as the current polls are suggesting then where do Labour go from here? I personally don't believe just moving more "left" will make much of a difference.

The political climate in Scotland is being driven by the constitution and will be for years to come. That's good news for the SNP and very bad news for Labour.

Labour need the "vote Labour to beat the Tories" to be the main drive for votes again. It won't happen, that's totally gone now.

I also don't believe a formal "spilt" from the UK Labour party will make any difference either, and I don't think Labour in Scotland could fund themselves either, so that won't happen.

Where do they go on the constitution? More devolution? People want more than that so that won't win back the voters.

FFA? Well, they're making such an issue about this I can't see them backing that either.

All in all, if the election in May just about wipes out Labour in Scotland, I honestly don't know if they will survive in any meaningful sense in a few short years. Which is totally unthinkable, but you cannot rule it out.

As I've said before. Labour will need to hit rock bottom before it can even begin to address it's core problems. My big problem with Labour is the narrow background and experiences most of them have. That is going from a good or private school to uni, then from uni and straight into politics, without any kind of real world experience. There is nothing Labour about them. Having worked in customer service, as well as doing backroom jobs there is certain things they could never understand. Unless they've been in the position themselves. Due to that, you end up churning a bunch of careerist politicians who either don't really stand for anything. Other than what it takes to win votes in the immediate short term i.e. a flip flopper. Or you end up with people who only address symptoms and don't see the underlying causes of problems.

So the media slavishly leading with multi billion pound pledges for the NHS from both Cameron and Miliband.

No one questioning why two parties that have been supporting huge austerity cuts are now willing to make this additional funding available or how it impacts upon the previously declared budgetary plans.

No one questioning the Tories on the likely impact on the NHS to swinging cuts in other areas of social care.

This is the same media that carried verbatim attacks on the SNP's plans for FFA.

Fucking disgusting. The sooner we have complete Independence the better.

Is it just me or is every Labour photo shoot , TV event , Labour only ? You have Miliband striding out ,all smiles to a group of folk, little cards in their hands. Not a member of the public in sight.

Is it just me or is every Labour photo shoot , TV event , Labour only ? You have Miliband striding out ,all smiles to a group of folk, little cards in their hands. Not a member of the public in sight.

I haven't heard of any that are in public. In effect they are preaching to the brainwashed converted. They don't like dissent in the Labour Party. The goons will huckle you out if you do. Plus it looks good in the media if they have a hall full of clapping seals.

In some respects to be fair to them if they were public they would potentially be hijacked by the other side, but the same goes for the SNP meetings that are public and they seem to pass without incident. But surely if they were confident of their arguments then they would want as many undecided and opposition in the room.

Is that Shull there!!?

I don't believe Margret Curran just retweeted "Excellent morning in Easterhouse - lots of support for Margaret Curran" then posted this pic

CCOvQ9WUIAAK6DO.jpg

She can't even bribe the auld guy to hold her poster...

Amen to that brother.

It'll be utterly glorious to see Curran out on her arse on Election night.

I live in her constituency so will take great pleasure in being a part of that arse kicking.

Archived