General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Can you try and answer without deflection?

Its not deflection. The SNP has repeatedly said it doesn't want a tory government or a tory led government. Now its widely accepted that the main party of government will be one of 2. The SNP is then hitching itself to the wagon of Labour being in 'power' with government policy influenced by the SNP and their outlook in return for support of some/most/all policies.

So the SNP has itself identified (allegedly in my opinion) that avoiding a tory government is a main outcome. The best way of doing that is to vote labour. To not doing so is to risk allowing the tories to get enough seats to deliver promises to other parties that would get them in again.

So feel free to criticise the vote SNP get tory position. But its the same political engineering as vote SNP to get labour.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might sound a bit parochial, but could Labour not find a Scottish person to promote SLab?

Since I'm watching it on DVD rather than going to the cinema I've not yet seen the third part of The Hobbit, but I now hope Smaug wins.

Voting Labour is the best way of securing a Labour government which will, for example, stop the bedroom tax.

Really.

Thats the best pitch you've got? :lol:

No wonder you're looking at an annihilation

Voting Labour is the best way of securing a Labour government which will, for example, stop the bedroom tax.

But voting SNP(appreciate you cant) will prop up a labour gov, get rid of bedroom tax, house of lords and zero hour contracts.. and give Scotland a massive voice

Why would you vote the red torys?

But voting SNP(appreciate you cant) will prop up a labour gov, get rid of bedroom tax, house of lords and zero hour contracts.. and give Scotland a massive voice

Why would you vote the red torys?

We don't know that they will prop up a Labour government. If you want a Labour government, vote Labour, I want a Labour government so I'm voting Labour.

I don't really care about giving Scotland a 'massive voice', and I'm not entirely sure what that means anyway or why we need a voice any bigger than the significant one we already have. We've got our own parliament, with plenty of powers and a UK government who (apparently regardless of party in government) continually give us more. I think our voice is already disproportionately loud.

Also I don't want to get rid of the Lords and tbh can't see Labour going for that anyway.

Ah, Labour first, Scotland second I see.

Good luck with that

Do you actually read what you quote? That's three posts in a row you've made comments about things I didn't actually say/rephrased something I did say into something I didn't, I'm guessing in order to dismiss it.

Argue against what I say, not against what you have decided I've said.

We don't know that they will prop up a Labour government. If you want a Labour government, vote Labour, I want a Labour government so I'm voting Labour.

I don't really care about giving Scotland a 'massive voice', and I'm not entirely sure what that means anyway or why we need a voice any bigger than the significant one we already have. We've got our own parliament, with plenty of powers and a UK government who (apparently regardless of party in government) continually give us more. I think our voice is already disproportionately loud.

Also I don't want to get rid of the Lords and tbh can't see Labour going for that anyway.

That is genuinely the worst post in the history of everything.

Do you actually read what you quote? That's three posts in a row you've made comments about things I didn't actually say/rephrased something I did say into something I didn't, I'm guessing in order to dismiss it.

Argue against what I say, not against what you have decided I've said.

I did.

I'm asking you why Scotland should vote Labour though, not why you're voting for them. How would you convince an undecided to the benefits of voting Labour?

I did.

I'm asking you why Scotland should vote Labour though, not why you're voting for them. How would you convince an undecided to the benefits of voting Labour?

You are now wrongly rephrasing yourself. You asked for one reason why Scots, not Scotland, should vote Labour. I gave you one reason, and you've responded by dismissing it as a poor pitch (even though it wasn't a pitch, it was an answer to a specific question) and asking more questions as obviously whatever response you wanted you didn't get so you have to change the parameters until you do.

Archived