General Election 2015

Ludo*1

They are the Conservative and Unionist party. Its part of their core beliefs....

That's what made the morning after promotion of EVEL by David Cameron a watershed moment, because the Tories articulating English nationalism in response to greater devolution sets things on Tam Dayell's motorway to independence with no exits trajectory.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not rattled

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/22/snp-tartan-labour-election-scotland?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

One senior Labour figure fears “civil disobedience” if the SNP accrues too much power over the English. For now, such a prospect is surely remote. But in how many elections are such fears even voiced? So much more is at stake this time than who gets to walk into No 10.

If we have a in/out referendum on the EU, we all know sensible discussion will be thrown out the window, the right wing rags will whip up hate against Johnny foreigners

If we have a in/out referendum on the EU, we all know sensible discussion will be thrown out the window, the right wing rags will whip up hate against Johnny foreigners

Still, I think this is a boil that needs lanced and we should be speaking out against the bigots and the xenophobes. Part of the problem has been the main UK parties trying to appease rather than educate.

An EU referendum would be an absolute disaster IMO. It's just playing to more nationalist bollocks and there would be no proper debate. Some of the real advantages of being in the EU would be drowned out by waves and waves of nationalist shite like pictures of Bulldogs, Chirchill with a cigar in his mouth and pictures of the White cliffs. It wouldn't be a proper debate.

Interesting piece in the Times today about Salmond and the potential balance of power post-May.

He seems to have created a tsunami of seethe and panic after his appearance on Andrew Marr yesterday morning. Who'd have thought back in 2010 that so much hinges on the performance of UKIP and the SNP come 2015? If UKIP prove to be a flop then the likelihood of the Tories being able to govern effectively with a minority government is slim to nil.

An EU referendum would be an absolute disaster IMO. It's just playing to more nationalist bollocks and there would be no proper debate. Some of the real advantages of being in the EU would be drowned out by waves and waves of nationalist shite like pictures of Bulldogs, Chirchill with a cigar in his mouth and pictures of the White cliffs. It wouldn't be a proper debate.

Honestly don't think the majority would buy it and would vote to stay in the EU by a relatively safe majority.

Honestly don't think the majority would buy it and would vote to stay in the EU by a relatively safe majority.

Agreed. The British public actually tend to have common sense when push comes to shove and can smell bullshit from a mile off (see the rise and equally as fast demise of the BNP as an example).

Red Ed giving a diddy speech in Clydebank on the morning of yet more catastrophic polling for them in Scotland. :D

The Labour leader being less popular in Scotland than the Tory one.

What a time to be alive.

Another #SNPout lunatic: @CJuliaSM

Man or a woman? :lol:

She is unhinged. More worryingly, her friend Maggie Vaughan, who chums about with Effie Deans, History Woman and all the other deranged SNPouters, is apparently Alistair Darling's actual factual wife!

:lol:

We've seen how quick nationalism can snowball though. Anybody can find anything to back up their pre-decided position in today's world. I'd like to think you were right but I wouldn't count on it.

Combined votes 85k IMO

post-48383-0-05996100-1427109922_thumb.j

Anyone up for a game of 'Whaur's Libby?' Meet your 2015 General Election Lib Dem lost deposits

Please tell me you're not the one who is hiding at the back. Lib Dems need an experienced photographer IMO.

Combined votes 85k IMO

attachicon.gifCApwoXVWEAAZ_S4.jpg

Anyone up for a game of 'Whaur's Libby?' Meet your 2015 General Election Lib Dem lost deposits

Please tell me you're not the one who is hiding at the back. Lib Dems need an experienced photographer IMO.

Is the wee fella 3rd from the right in the first row James Forrest's dad?

We've seen how quick nationalism can snowball though. Anybody can find anything to back up their pre-decided position in today's world. I'd like to think you were right but I wouldn't count on it.

:lol: The anti-nationalist has been forced to pretend he has some balance. Success!!!

Though you obviously still have to get a dig in at Scottish nationalism, even though in the context of the debate its purely civic and not at all like the vacuous British nationalism you describe there.

I bet any money, without checking, that's the first post you've ever made having a go at British nationalism. After a two year campaign where it was on TV and in the press every day. And you've done that to appear balanced.

Well I consider that a success. I am keeping you 'honest'.

PS - I would be more convinced if you slated the American Revolution too, and Catalonian nationalism, didn't support the English national team, and hadn't worked for a unionist politician.

PPS - if you keep showing that level of balance, even though I still think you are being as dishonest as its possible to be, I'll give you peace.

Archived