General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why some posters are obsessed with your age. The fact you are a colossal w****r should be more than enough.

that made me laugh, thanks. FAO AD LIB, stand for any lib dem seat you want. Your party is dead and May will see the coffin being lowered into the ground. You supped with the Devil so hell mend you. The same way that Labour will, hopefully, be on life-support after May after going hand in hand with the Tories during the referendum.

They already do. I'll give them credit for being fairly impartial on the run up to the referendum. Think from their southern editorial focus it makes sense for them to support the SNP as they can't openly support the Conservatives too much up here and they're completely opposed to Labour.

Their southern editorial focus repeatedly refers to the SNP as being the Satan That Wants to Destroy the UK. I wouldn't put it past the SS to be so craven as to pretend to endorse the SNP regardless, but I don't think it's a shoo-in. Safer for them to "let the people decide" and then hope that an even more reich-wing Labour somehow con their way back in five years down the line.

I don't know why some posters are obsessed with your age. The fact you are a colossal w****r should be more than enough.

See, at least that's a valid argument.

Aye, but history has shown us that being a colossal w****r has never been an impediment to being elected to public office.

(and before anyone else points it out, yes I was previously elected to pubic office :P )

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1424351766.538934.jpg

Letter I received from Jim Sheridan. Anti SNP independence rant without 1 positive reason to vote for him.

I feel an email coming on.

Know what? That's all they've got. Nothing positive to offer at all except Tory Lite.

Negative campaigning and scaremongering has been the approach for many years, you would think that with the sea change in public opinion in Scotland they would try something different but they are too smug/complacent/stupid/arrogant to try; or maybe just not up to the challenge.

The "Independence obsession" has to go down as one of the most stunningly hypocritical bits of spraff I've heard recently. Since the referendum, Sturgeon has been quite vocal about opposing austerity; including the formation of partnerships with other left of centre parties in Britain and Ireland, the SNP have put measures in place to stop fracking in Scotland, she's announced an intention to oppose TTIP, there's been lots of chat about land reform (which I must admit, I haven't read up on myself).

The Unionist parties in Scotland have spraffed on about Independence and the SNP. Obsession indeed.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1424351766.538934.jpg

Letter I received from Jim Sheridan. Anti SNP independence rant without 1 positive reason to vote for him.

I feel an email coming on.

Ha ha. Quite pathetic really. Labour will pay for this in may... even after the biggest mass media smear campaign last sept 45% of people held firm. This GE is not about independence, people have less to fear thus SNP will clean up.

Voting against your countrys right to self determination is colossal w@nkernism at its finest

Oh right, who's done that then?

So much fail for one sentence.

1. The right to self-determination of Scotland has only been voted on by the Members of the Westminster Parliament when debating the section 30 Order and the Members of the Holyrood Parliament when passing the Referendum Act. No ordinary members of the public voted against the right to self-determination of Scotland.

2. Even if you didn't mean the "right" to self-determination you're still talking out of your arse, because no one voted against Scotland's self-determination either. Scotland self-determined in favour of remaining part of the United Kingdom. Self-determination is the process of freely deciding statehood, not the position adopted on that question.

3. Even if you mean "voting No", this seems completely out of place with the context of the thread, it not being clear who is supposed to have done this. It also insults 55% of voters. Why do you dislike the majority of your countrymen?

4. The word is "country's", besides which it is not countries that have a right to self-determination; it is peoples.

Oh right, who's done that then?

So much fail for one sentence.

1. The right to self-determination of Scotland has only been voted on by the Members of the Westminster Parliament when debating the section 30 Order and the Members of the Holyrood Parliament when passing the Referendum Act. No ordinary members of the public voted against the right to self-determination of Scotland.

2. Even if you didn't mean the "right" to self-determination you're still talking out of your arse, because no one voted against Scotland's self-determination either. Scotland self-determined in favour of remaining part of the United Kingdom. Self-determination is the process of freely deciding statehood, not the position adopted on that question.

3. Even if you mean "voting No", this seems completely out of place with the context of the thread, it not being clear who is supposed to have done this. It also insults 55% of voters. Why do you dislike the majority of your countrymen?

4. The word is "country's", besides which it is not countries that have a right to self-determination; it is peoples.

Can Scotland currently self determine whether it stays in or out of the EU?

No!

Could it self determine with sovereign independence?

Yes!

Hence you are talking sh1te. Keep it up, you will make a great politician!

Can Scotland currently self determine whether it stays in or out of the EU?

No!

Could it self determine with sovereign independence?

Yes!

Hence you are talking sh1te. Keep it up, you will make a great politician!

The answer to the first question is Yes. It can choose to self-determine with respect to the EU by choosing to self-determine in favour of sovereignty with respect to the body of which it is a member that is a member of the European Union. Scotland has chosen not to self-determine in that way.

The answer to the first question is Yes. It can choose to self-determine with respect to the EU by choosing to self-determine in favour of sovereignty with respect to the body of which it is a member that is a member of the European Union. Scotland has chosen not to self-determine in that way.

Scotland didn't choose to self-determine in that way. The membership of Europe is a consequence of being in the UK and we were not voting on EU membership in September.

So would I. Is the option to stand as an independent candidate not available to this young man?

You think that unless you subscribe to everything that the current party leadership believes in you shouldn't run for that party? If he believes in most of what the party do, why would he run as an independent and split the potential supporter base? I don't like the idea that every person who represents a party has to automatically believe in what the party tell them to, disagreement and debate is what allows parties to progress and develop, it's a good thing for democracy.

You think that unless you subscribe to everything that the current party leadership believes in you shouldn't run for that party? If he believes in most of what the party do, why would he run as an independent and split the potential supporter base? I don't like the idea that every person who represents a party has to automatically believe in what the party tell them to, disagreement and debate is what allows parties to progress and develop, it's a good thing for democracy.

Indeed. That's why labour drones like Sarwar and Curran (and plenty of others not involved in the labour party) need to be emptied. They vote with their party on every single issue and define the term career politician. They really don't give two shits about the view of their constituency and their constituents. I'm not sure if this is a modern thing or not, seeing as I'm but a spring chicken, but the current breed of politicians in all parties pandering to the party line makes them completely redundant. You ARE allowed an opposing view.

People may not like Ad Lib, but I think he'd make a good politician. He's not afraid to express his opinion and follows what he believes is right. Good luck to him.

Archived