General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Yes, you are right mate. That's three percent of their vote. That's their Scottish support.

UKIP got over 10% of the vote in the Euro Elections.

Their vote in Scotland would of course be much higher if the SNP didn't exist, as it doesn't in England for example.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll hardly get any of the vote in Scotland because they are a party of right wing imbeciles.

Why did they get over 10% of the vote in the Euro elections?

That's right - Scots normally vote for good guys like John Mason or Bill Walker, not scum like David Coburn. Oh.

I obviously don't like UKIP but they have their uses. They shine a massie light at every opportunity on a fact that must agonise Scotland-born British patriots; that Scotland and the rest of the UK are politially disparate.

Threads like this one, or any of the recent threads about UKIP winning elections in England, always produce a great deal of clearly ruffled behaviour, and it's not from "Nats".

; that Scotland and the rest of the UK are politially disparate.

Well, yes and no. We still have the same issues with racism, and xenophobia - the SNP hoover up much of that though, meaning it's slim pickings for UKIP.

Well, yes and no. We still have the same issues with racism, and xenophobia - the SNP hoover up much of that though, meaning it's slim pickings for UKIP.

Is that what you truly think, or is it just trolling, becuase honestly, were we to complie a list of organisations that support or have links to the main unionist parties and the wider campaignng to keep Scotland in the UK, I would suggest that the SNP probably didn't have too much luck with the xenophobes and racists.

Why would a racist xenophobe vote for a party which is supportive of EU membership and aims to increase immigration when they could just vote for a party specifically designed for them, UKIP.

Why would a racist xenophobe vote for a party which is supportive of EU membership and aims to increase immigration when they could just vote for a party specifically designed for them, UKIP.

There are quite a few anti-English xenophobes in Scotland, who support Scottish independence not for the thought out reasons most on here do, but from a nationalistic perspective. Their philosophy I doubt is much different from anti-immigration, anti-EU types in England, it's just the target is different. I would suggest the former are unlikely to vote UKIP but would support the SNP.

There are quite a few anti-English xenophobes in Scotland, who support Scottish independence not for the thought out reasons most on here do, but from a nationalistic perspective. Their philosophy I doubt is much different from anti-immigration, anti-EU types in England, it's just the target is different. I would suggest the former are unlikely to vote UKIP but would support the SNP.

Really? Evidence?

SNP and UKIp are polls apart

They both position themselves as 'outside the establishment', both want massive constitutional change, both pick up votes by trying to create disillusionment with status quo politics, both want to leave successful unions based on nationalistic philosophies, both base policy on populism and both operate on an 'us and them' basis.

They do have their similarities and pick up support in similar ways.

Really? Evidence?

I was speculating, (hence why I said 'I would suggest' rather than outright stating my opinion as though it were fact ) but I somehow doubt they would vote UKIP considering that UKIP come across as an 'English' party.

They both position themselves as 'outside the establishment', both want massive constitutional change, both pick up votes by trying to create disillusionment with status quo politics, both want to leave successful unions based on nationalistic philosophies, both base policy on populism and both operate on an 'us and them' basis.

The Scottish government, voted in by the Scottish people is nothing like UKIP :lol:

UKIP are just the BNP with a better leader.

Is that what you truly think,

Absolutely.

Just as an example, in a You Gov survey 58% of Scottish respondents wanted reduced immigration. We have numerous instances of anti-English racism in Scotland. Scotland isn't this oasis of tolerance - it's a wide spectrum of decency, at the wrong end of which there are the same racist scumbags we get throughout the UK.

Are you seriously suggesting Scotland is less racist than the rest of the UK? Seriously??

Well, it depends what their primary concern is.

If they are virulently anti-English for example, the SNP would be their natural home. Their other prejudices may pale into insignificance compared to their hatred of England and the English.

Take Colkitto for example. A xenophobe with a clear hatred of all things English. The SNP is the natural home for him. His views on other races and groups, I couldn't guess at.

Rubbish. The SNP want Scotland to look after its own affairs, just like every nation. It is more than happy to be part of the wider EU and is very inclusive re. Immigration policy. The Ukip party want to isolate broken Britain.

They are completely different however as u are a labour unionist I am sure you believe everything u read in the media.

Archived