General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, so when you said "England" this was factually inaccurate.

Given their support in Scotland saw them gain an MEP in the Euro Elections.

UKIP's performance in the Euro elections, like every electoral event in living memory, highlighted the vast difference between Scotland and the UK's political outlook. That's not to say either are politcally homogenous, if you can find me saying Scotland isn't a pluralist country I'll send you a biscuit. It is true that UKIP's supporters are practically all - proportionally and literally - in England (including Wales).

Which is pleasing.

But they count for far less than there are Ukip voters in Scotland. The fact is the Ukip vote has grown in Scotland from nowhere. Why is that?

Since 2010, UKIP have practically never been off our TVs, have won a UK national election, a couple of by-elections and they're support in Scotland sits at 7%. They could barely be less popular here with the exposure they've had.

I can only assume they reached the amazing heights of 10% because the really hardcore Britnats found the complete disparity between British and Scottish politics to be utterly agonising and didn't want it proven too much. That was your excuse right enough.

I also think the SNP made a mistake with their "vote for us to stop UKIP" line. Talking about your opponents like that absolutely never works.

UKIP's performance in the Euro elections, like every electoral event in living memory, highlighted the vast difference between Scotland and the UK's political outlook. That's not to say either are politcally homogenous, if you can find me saying Scotland isn't a pluralist country I'll send you a biscuit. It is true that UKIP's supporters are practically all - proportionally and literally - in England (including Wales).

Which is pleasing.

Since 2010, UKIP have practically never been off our TVs, have won a UK national election, a couple of by-elections and they're support in Scotland sits at 7%. They could barely be less popular here with the exposure they've had.

I can only assume they reached the amazing heights of 10% because the really hardcore Britnats found the complete disparity between British and Scottish politics to be utterly agonising and didn't want it proven too much. That was your excuse right enough.

I also think the SNP made a mistake with their "vote for us to stop UKIP" line. Talking about your opponents like that absolutely never works.

Thats around where they were in England a decade ago.

I agree, theres no chance Ukip would have taken a seat had the SNP leadership not been whining about them in the immediate run up to the vote. I certainly wouldn't have bothered voting for them otherwise.

I blame all the little englanders that have moved up here for cheap housing. :whistle

That may not be that far wide of the mark !

Latest UKIP votes (where their percentage of the vote was highest 3.8% in Dumfries and Galloway and 3.6% in Borders (spot the trend)

If you couple up that data with 2011 census data where you get pecentages for White Other British ie non Scottish ( in the main English)

You see a very strong correlation between areas with highest White Other British populations and the UKIP vote.

5 of the top 6 UKIP votes as a percentage of population* are from the regions containing highest White Other British populations. (Orkneys at #2 being the odd one out)

*Dumfries & Galloway, Scottish Borders, Argyll and Bute, Highland, & Moray

post-9889-0-02431900-1421163293_thumb.jp

I blame all the little englanders that have moved up here for cheap housing. :whistle

That may not be that far wide of the mark !

Latest UKIP votes (where their percentage of the vote was highest 3.8% in Dumfries and Galloway and 3.6% in Borders (spot the trend)

If you couple up that data with 2011 census data where you get pecentages for White Other British ie non Scottish ( in the main English)

You see a very strong correlation between areas with highest White Other British populations and the UKIP vote.

5 of the top 6 UKIP votes as a percentage of population* are from the regions containing highest White Other British populations. (Orkneys at #2 being the odd one out)

*Dumfries & Galloway, Scottish Borders, Argyll and Bute, Highland, & Moray

And yet 85.5% of Scottish council areas voted no.

History repeats itself over and over again with that electoral tactic. Which is why the first few election leaflets from the branch office parties are extremely pleasing.

It's pretty telling that wall to wall coverage, incompetency from their opponents (the Greens were at it too) and an election dominated by euroscepticism across the continent saw UKIP to slither into 4th place in Scotland.

Scotland is clearly better than all that shite.

History repeats itself over and over again with that electoral tactic. Which is why the first few election leaflets from the branch office parties are extremely pleasing.

It's pretty telling that wall to wall coverage, incompetency from their opponents (the Greens were at it too) and an election dominated by euroscepticism across the continent saw UKIP to slither into 4th place in Scotland.

Scotland is clearly better than all that shite.

It has its vile ethnic nationalist element too unfortunately.

And yet 85.5% of Scottish council areas voted no.

Leaving aside the convenient stat to hide the fact that just 37% of the country actually voted No (2,001,926 out of 5,327,700) .... wasn't the subject the UKIP vote and nothing to do with Independence ?

Map of Top 6 White British - non Scottish shows the Top 6 regions for UKIP support per head of popluation.

The 2 nearest the border with England with the other 4 the new holiday home play areas of the wealthy English in the Highland and Islands.

English people seem to be much more keen to support UKIP and what they stand for

post-9889-0-41559700-1421166807_thumb.jp

Leaving aside the convenient stat to hide the fact that just 37% of the country actually voted No (2,001,926 out of 5,327,700) .... wasn't the subject the UKIP vote and nothing to do with Independence ?

Map of Top 6 White British - non Scottish shows the Top 6 regions for UKIP support per head of popluation.

The 2 nearest the border with England with the other 4 the new holiday home play areas of the wealthy English in the Highland and Islands.

English people seem to be much more keen to support UKIP and what they stand for

attachicon.gifScotland regions.jpg

:1eye

Wasn't it the case in England that the constituencies which had the least immigration were actually more likely to have strong UKIP support?

I could be havering but I wouldn't be surprised by the idiocy of a UKIP voter.

No idea. Nope. All I know is that at the last election we had Scotland returned one Ukip MEP and beat the greens, and denied the SNP a third seat much to their happy clappers chagrin.

Unusual for the forum's resident psephologist to deny us another Mittens-esque prediction. Is it because you already know that UKIP will receive their ritual shoeing at the hands of the Scottish electorate in May, and again 12 months later?

Unusual for the forum's resident psephologist to deny us another Mittens-esque prediction. Is it because you already know that UKIP will receive their ritual shoeing at the hands of the Scottish electorate in May, and again 12 months later?

How many seats do you think the SNP are going to win in May?

I think Ukip will win none in te GE they might get one via the list at Holyroo, who knows.

And when do you think the SNP will start to approve applications to start fracking <_<

As we are asking questions for no reason at all...Maybe tiny tears can have a shot as those.

Which is pleasing.

So their supporters are 'practically all' in England and Wales ?

True. Well apart from all their Scottish supporters.

So their supporters are 'practically all' in England and Wales ?

True. Well apart from all their Scottish supporters.

Im absolutely LOVING the way the nat clown collective are so incredibly ruffled by a party thats about as relevant as the greens. All kinds of searching for reasons how the likes of Scotland could ever manage to elect a thoroughly English problem like Ukip.

Fucking tremendous.

Having that utter dipshit Ennoni traipsing around the forum after me whining about it since the Europeans has been hilarious too. The SNP, definitely NOT bothered about Ukip :lol:

Archived