General Election 2015

Ludo*1

16% UKIP are on according to Ashcroft. Has anyone ever actually met a UKIP supporter?

I keep getting told UKIP are picking up support in the North, yet even here everyone seems to despise them.

They are consistently doing well in polls, so I'm sure it's not a fluke, but I've no idea where their supporters are.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reynard seems to fit the bill as a UKIP supporter. Just read his radical anti Islamic pish views on here to get an idea.

He did vote kipper but I don't know if I'd go as far as saying he was a supporter. Thepundit is the only confirmed kipper that I can think of.

16% UKIP are on according to Ashcroft. Has anyone ever actually met a UKIP supporter?

I keep getting told UKIP are picking up support in the North, yet even here everyone seems to despise them.

They are consistently doing well in polls, so I'm sure it's not a fluke, but I've no idea where their supporters are.

Be careful with this. I cannot find a good graph. Need it in percent.

ukipgraph.png

England.

He did vote kipper but I don't know if I'd go as far as saying he was a supporter. Thepundit is the only confirmed kipper that I can think of.

I'm a member of the local Tory party.

I voted Ukip at the European elections so the SNP didn't get a third seat to crow about and it seems to be something that the nat clown collective have got themselves really bent out of shape about which is a fantastic bonus.

I'm a member of the local Tory party.

I voted Ukip at the European elections so the SNP didn't get a third seat to crow about and it seems to be something that the nat clown collective have got themselves really bent out of shape about which is a fantastic bonus.

Doesn't explain your online arselicking towards UKIP though

Did they all come up here on a day trip to vote in the Euro Elections?

Could have sworn Scotland elected a Kipper MEP

Didn't happen. COULDN'T have. Scotland is a left wing country remember!!!!

I say England, because England has twice from the latest three opportunties done what is an impossibility in Scotland and voted UKIP in a first past the post vote.

Even on Europe, which is their raison d'etre they could only come fourth up here. We have far right losers in Scotland (ahem) but they're a total fringe thankfully. Makes you proud.

I say England, because England has twice from the latest three opportunties done what is an impossibility in Scotland and voted UKIP in a first past the post vote.

Even on Europe, which is their raison d'etre they could only come fourth up here. We have far right losers in Scotland (ahem) but they're a total fringe thankfully. Makes you proud.

But they count for far less than there are Ukip voters in Scotland. The fact is the Ukip vote has grown in Scotland from nowhere. Why is that?

If the UKIP vote has indeed grown, then I'd expect a strong performance from them in the upcoming Westminster and Holyrood elections. How many seats do you reckon they'll get in Scotland, combined, between the two elections?

A healthy 188 mandates to go for with a full 56 available through a form of PR, so I'd assume you'll be aiming high.

Right, so when you said "England" this was factually inaccurate.

Given their support in Scotland saw them gain an MEP in the Euro Elections.

If the UKIP vote has indeed grown, then I'd expect a strong performance from them in the upcoming Westminster and Holyrood elections. How many seats do you reckon they'll get in Scotland, combined, between the two elections?

A healthy 188 mandates to go for with a full 56 available through a form of PR, so I'd assume you'll be aiming high.

Yes. Which is what I said.

It takes over 400,000 votes to return one Tory MP in the FPTP GE so I wouldn't be holding your breath for a Ukip MP up here. They still polled higher than the real loony left up here at the last opportunity we had to vote, including the greens.

It takes over 400,000 votes to return one Tory MP in the FPTP GE so I wouldn't be holding your breath for a Ukip MP up here. They still polled higher than the real loony left up here at the last opportunity we had to vote, including the greens.

And yet the Tories have one MP and 15 MSPs, despite your mewling about the unrepresentative FPTP system (from a member of the Tory party, no less, a breathtaking display of double standards).

So... how many representatives will UKIP return in the forthcoming elections in Scotland? A fairly specific, rounding to the nearest five estimate will do.

Will they have more MSPs than the Greens? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

And yet the Tories have one MP and 15 MSPs, despite your mewling about the unrepresentative FPTP system (from a member of the Tory party, no less, a breathtaking display of double standards).

So... how many representatives will UKIP return in the forthcoming elections in Scotland? A fairly specific, rounding to the nearest five estimate will do.

Will they have more MSPs than the Greens? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Ive never mewled about the system. I did mewl about the way Labour carved up many of the constituencies during their boundary review when Blair came to power which made it even less likely that there would be any tory representation in Scotland. Thats just how it goes. If the tories get into power again for the first time since 1992 I'd fully expect them to do the exact same.

No progress on those UKIP representatives in Scotland?

No idea. Nope. All I know is that at the last election we had Scotland returned one Ukip MEP and beat the greens, and denied the SNP a third seat much to their happy clappers chagrin. Why?

Archived