General Election 2015

Ludo*1

nice anecdote

So, which part of the story do you, Ecto & Reynard find just that little bit unbelievable?

1) That she voted for the Unionist/Conservative candidate in every election between 1929 & 1979?

2) That Thatcher made an extra cold weather payment to most UK pensioners in the winter of 1981/82 (the coldest winter in a very long time), yet didn't make the payment to pensioners in Scotland because they were "used to it"?

3) That my grandmother believed that this showed that the Tories were willing to treat UK citizens differently based purely upon their geographic location?

3) That she walked all of 300 metres round to the SNP offices in Brothock Bridge?

4) That she joined the SNP?

5) That the Tory vote in Scotland dropped by nearly 115,000 (more than 12.5%) between the 1979 & 1983 General Elections, and that their vote is now significantly lower than either of these figures?

6) That she continued her SNP membership until her death in 1991?

7) That she voted SNP at every possible opportunity after she joined the party?

Please be specific.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, which part of the story do you, Ecto & Reynard find just that little bit unbelievable?

1) That she voted for the Unionist/Conservative candidate in every election between 1929 & 1979?

2) That Thatcher made an extra cold weather payment to most UK pensioners in the winter of 1981/82 (the coldest winter in a very long time), yet didn't make the payment to pensioners in Scotland because they were "used to it"?

3) That my grandmother believed that this showed that the Tories were willing to treat UK citizens differently based purely upon their geographic location?

3) That she walked all of 300 metres round to the SNP offices in Brothock Bridge?

4) That she joined the SNP?

5) That the Tory vote in Scotland dropped by nearly 115,000 (more than 12.5%) between the 1979 & 1983 General Elections, and that their vote is now significantly lower than either of these figures?

6) That she continued her SNP membership until her death in 1991?

7) That she voted SNP at every possible opportunity after she joined the party?

Please be specific.

You missed one:-

8.) That I had a grandmother.

:P

I don't get this obsession with vote SNP and you'll get the Tories. When there isn't a damn bit of difference between the two. Labour have already admitted they'll be continuing the same Tory policies after the election.

I don't get this obsession with vote SNP and you'll get the Tories. When there isn't a damn bit of difference between the two.

There's a Rizla paper between all three.

All are centre right parties. It makes very little difference.

Maybe the kumbaya brigade will manage to veto this commitment once they are allowed to vote on policy?

It's a hard and fast commitment - agreed on at conference.

Like re-regulating the buses, unanimously agreed on at conference :D

Oh.

Yes, I doubt you've ever "won" an argument to be honest.

Still, I'm happy to educate you.

So, to sum up there were a couple of little policy differences that you could just possibly squeeze a "Rizla" paper between.

Glad we've cleared that up.

So, to sum up there were a couple of little policy differences that you could just possibly squeeze a "Rizla" paper between.

Glad we've cleared that up.

Yes, ones you've managed to mangle.

Seems like you are completely unaware of what being in NATO actually involves. Do you know which countries had troops in Afghanistan for example?

There's a Rizla paper between all three.

All are centre right parties. It makes very little difference.

:huh:

Unless you count removing nuclear weapons, not sending our children to fight in illegal wars, protecting the NHS - and not using PFI either, independence from the UK and promoting renewable energy over nuclear as being 'small' issues.

:huh:

Unless you count removing nuclear weapons, not sending our children to fight in illegal wars, protecting the NHS - and not using PFI either, independence from the UK and promoting renewable energy over nuclear as being 'small' issues.

Another idiot.

"not sending our children to fight in illegal wars" - which illegal wars were these?

"protecting the NHS " - Weightwatchers.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/01/follow-every-prediction-and-make-your-own-may2015-s-election-forecasting-machine

Interesting stuff on here.

All that stuff and nonsense about the Kippers and it looks like they will get between 2-5 seats.

BBC debates with the 'top' party leaders blown out of the water.

For once Cameron is correct to include The Greens but why does he and the BBC not mention the Uk's third largest political party?

Archived