General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No policies? :huh:

Exactly what I thought. My guess is they're only appealing to the hardcore perthshire Tories, which is hardly going to buy them votes these days

How about my Gran, who had voted Unionist or Conservative all her life?

In her case, Thatcher made a speech explaining why she was making a cold-weather payment to pensioners, but not in Scotland because "they were used to it"

She got up, walked round to Brothock Bridge & joined the SNP that afternoon. She was a card carrying member until her death.

Is that the sort of disaffected Tory you mean?

No, but a nice story all the same, glad you felt the need to share

Except that during her first two years as PM, Scotland lost a fifth of it's entire workforce to the dole queue as a direct result of her policies.

It wasn't the SNP who put her in power though (they only had 11 votes out of 650-ish in the No-Confidence ballot) it was the electorate in England.

I think that was more to do with the unions than Thatcher.

I was managing a group of 15 outdoor manual workers [all union members] at that time and every one rejected Michael Foot/ Callaghan and voted for Maggie.

All voted for Blair a decade+ later though!!

I think that was more to do with the unions than Thatcher.

I was managing a group of 15 outdoor manual workers [all union members] at that time and every one rejected Michael Foot/ Callaghan and voted for Maggie.

All voted for Blair a decade+ later though!!

Foot won in Scotland. He's the last Labour leader. Labour died with him.

Foot won in Scotland. He's the last Labour leader. Labour died with him.

Foot lost nearly 400k Labour voters in Scotland. Labour had about 180k more votes than the Tories in '83. Obviously this gave them nearly double the amount of seats than the tories, but thats the way it goes. The nationalists were a complete irrelevance.

Foot lost nearly 400k Labour voters in Scotland. Labour had about 180k more votes than the Tories in '83. Obviously this gave them nearly double the amount of seats than the tories, but thats the way it goes. The nationalists were a complete irrelevance.

Neil Kinnock did worse. And they became Tories too. Across the UK.

Scots voters are stuck between a rock and a hard place, vote SNP you get less Labour seats, more chance of a Tory government. Vote Labour and if those idiots get in again they will probably bankrupt the country this time. I predict a Tory UKIP coalition.

I'd suggest you read the newest article on this site http://www.betternation.org/

Scots voters are stuck between a rock and a hard place, vote SNP you get less Labour seats, more chance of a Tory government. Vote Labour and if those idiots get in again they will probably bankrupt the country this time. I predict a Tory UKIP coalition.

What is this prediction based on? How many seats exactly do you think they'll get?

What is this prediction based on? How many seats exactly do you think they'll get?

The tories will be the biggest party. I guess they can do a deal with whoever they like. But at least it won't be the useless SNP.

The SNP dont work with Toreeeeeesssssss unless they happen to be propping up their minority government at Holyrood between 2007 and 2011 <_<

That would only happen if the Westminster elections were held under PR. And even then they would probably need someone else to come on board.

I can't believe people continue to entertain Hb and Romney. A pair of tedious trolls.

Remind everyone what stellar contribution you make? You have to post whiny pish like the above just to remind people you are a registered poster don't you? <_<

"Oh aye,,,,,,him.."

How about my Gran, who had voted Unionist or Conservative all her life?

In her case, Thatcher made a speech explaining why she was making a cold-weather payment to pensioners, but not in Scotland because "they were used to it"

She got up, walked round to Brothock Bridge & joined the SNP that afternoon. She was a card carrying member until her death.

Is that the sort of disaffected Tory you mean?

nice anecdote

Archived