Nissan threatens to quit UK.

BigMartyn86

So big business trying to influence a decision on a Scottish referendum is OK but big business trying to influence a decision on EU membership Is 'bully-boy tactics' and ‘extremely inappropriate and offensive’.

These people really don't do irony.

No, it's 'biased.'

Apologies for being an arsehole but, along with thinking the singular of 'women' is 'a women', this is a pet hate of mine.

Cut some slack at 3am.

So big business trying to influence a decision on a Scottish referendum is OK but big business trying to influence a decision on EU membership Is 'bully-boy tactics' and ‘extremely inappropriate and offensive’.

These people really don't do irony.

Big businesses encouraged by Cameron as well. Remember, he wrote to the likes of John Lewis seeking their support in opposing independence.

Tories always claim the BBC is biased against them. A conservative voting friend of mine was frustrated during the independence referendum campaign at all the claims from the Yes side that the BBC was biased against them, claiming 'It's us they are biased against', almost as if it were a point of pride. In reality I think the BBC is naturally sceptical of any proposed changes which is why it is when people argue for a change that this perceived bias becomes an issue. Scottish independence is a change so the BBC go into a position of asking what benefits it will bring, similarly withdrawal from the EU is a change so the BBC's position (once again) is scepticism.

Tories always claim the BBC is biased against them. A conservative voting friend of mine was frustrated during the independence referendum campaign at all the claims from the Yes side that the BBC was biased against them, claiming 'It's us they are biased against', almost as if it were a point of pride. In reality I think the BBC is naturally sceptical of any proposed changes which is why it is when people argue for a change that this perceived bias becomes an issue. Scottish independence is a change so the BBC go into a position of asking what benefits it will bring, similarly withdrawal from the EU is a change so the BBC's position (once again) is scepticism.

Aye, conservative with a small "c". I found the BBC referendum coverage more incredulous than directly hostile, like " What kind of weirdos would want to give up the Union? We've all got nice cushy jobs out of it, why rock the boat?". They treated SNP spokesmen like members of the Flat Earth Society until the polls started getting closer.

Archived