McKenna signs for Beith

wishyman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get RRG's fixation with talking about how much clubs have spent on an individual player when they make a good signing. In my opinion, if a club has money to spend, what's the problem with them spending it to make the team better, if they have generated the money for that very purpose. Are they supposed to just keep the money in the bank and say "we're rich but not quite good enough to win anything" ?

It's a daft argument, but RRG seems to be obsessed with telling us how much teams pay players or on transfer fees.

Good luck to Beith and to Sean McKenna, he is always an impressive performer when I see him play.

It really doesn't. We spent our money to get from losing 8-1 to beith and being relegated to central first in 2006 to come back and get premier league football which lasted 6 years, some excellent games, some cup finals and good memories. Nothing wasted about it. Was a good time for us and hopefully we can come back without the funds. Going to be difficult though when good clubs but historically smaller ayrshire teams like beith and hurlford are spending good money.

Would like to point out i have a interest in all junior football, everyone on here comments on things that don't directly concern them , why should i not.

My club were also interested in the boy as our manager knows him from his playing days so it is something i am obviously going to take an interest in.

Hopefully you don't mind my reply to you would hate to get another threat from a beith committee man.

TADGER

Remember when Rob Roy were spending silly money on the likes of Diack...........

Yes and that didn't last long. Beith obviously have a right few quid and realise they need to spend it in order to stay up. Resting on there laurels and not buying the required players got them relegated they have obviously learned a lesson from that.

It really doesn't. We spent our money to get from losing 8-1 to beith and being relegated to central first in 2006 to come back and get premier league football which lasted 6 years, some excellent games, some cup finals and good memories. Nothing wasted about it. Was a good time for us and hopefully we can come back without the funds. Going to be difficult though when good clubs but historically smaller ayrshire teams like beith and hurlford are spending good money.

Would like to point out i have a interest in all junior football, everyone on here comments on things that don't directly concern them , why should i not.

My club were also interested in the boy as our manager knows him from his playing days so it is something i am obviously going to take an interest in.

Hopefully you don't mind my reply to you would hate to get another threat from a beith committee man.

Are you seriously suggesting Beith and Hurlford's spending is comparable?

Yes and that didn't last long. Beith obviously have a right few quid and realise they need to spend it in order to stay up. Resting on there laurels and not buying the required players got them relegated they have obviously learned a lesson from that.

Interested to here why you think Beith "have a right few quid"? This summer we only signed Darren Christie from Neilston and Steven McKeown from A'lie, both will be on decent enough money but neither will be on more than Hurlford, Talbot, Meadow, Kilbirnie etc players. How then are we spending any more than any other side? And to be getting mentioned in the same breath as Hurlford is laughable.

Good signing for Beith .. but can we all shut right up about what teams spend or what teams spending on wages. Always some idiot brings Kilbirnie into it but on more than numerous occasions I have had to state were still same wage structure as years ago. Funded by fundraising from our fans. And most clubs are about same in this league barring hurlford..

Good signing for Beith .. but can we all shut right up about what teams spend or what teams spending on wages. Always some idiot brings Kilbirnie into it but on more than numerous occasions I have had to state were still same wage structure as years ago. Funded by fundraising from our fans. And most clubs are about same in this league barring hurlford..

I agree 100% and its a total obsession of RRG's to the extent that he hi-jacks just about every single thread and publicly comes on and tries to declare exactly what junior players are on a week on here which in my opinion is quite a personal matter for players .

I coud probably / definately in the next few days do a bit of enquiring in asking what every single player at ours is on per week and I could find out no problem but to be honest I would never ask as I simply find it a personal matter and have very little interest in it so long as its not crazy cash which I know it won't be as we have never been that sort of club .

Good signing for beith and a warm welcome to our club goes out to Sean McKenna.

Yes but as the day went on I got into a good mood because I knew you would still be a TADGER and always will be

I see you have learned how to spell the word tadger after your earlier failure well done you. Keep smiling now.

You brought them into this, nobody mentioned them till then.

Same wage structure as years ago, come on, you trying to say you paid the same wages as you do now back 6 or 7 years ago when yous were scrapping at the bottom of the super first with us then in the ayrshire district!

Don't get me wrong kilbirnie are a well run historically big junior club just as beith are obviously a well run historically smaller junior club , the latter have done remarkably well in recent years.

Same wage structure as years ago, come on, you trying to say you paid the same wages as you do now back 6 or 7 years ago when yous were scrapping at the bottom of the super first with us then in the ayrshire district!

Don't get me wrong kilbirnie are a well run historically big junior club just as beith are obviously a well run historically smaller junior club , the latter have done remarkably well in recent years.

Yip, small enough to win the Super League with what was a record points haul at that time :)

You are obsessed with commenting on things that you more than likely know very little about. Like Goudie once was with Crowds, RRG now is with Transfer Fees and Wages. Who cares what teams pay?? I reckon we'd be in the lower half of the Premier Teams for wages paid out.

Yip, small enough to win the Super League with what was a record points haul at that time :)

You are obsessed with commenting on things that you more than likely know very little about. Like Goudie once was with Crowds, RRG now is with Transfer Fees and Wages. Who cares what teams pay?? I reckon we'd be in the lower half of the Premier Teams for wages paid out.

Ul always be a wee club in Ma eyes lol

#COTB

the post above mine clearly stated Kilbirnie..are you saying I am imagining things and just brought it up.. can you go a day without trying for a fight on here

I agree 100% and its a total obsession of RRG's to the extent that he hi-jacks just about every single thread and publicly comes on and tries to declare exactly what junior players are on a week on here which in my opinion is quite a personal matter for players .

I coud probably / definately in the next few days do a bit of enquiring in asking what every single player at ours is on per week and I could find out no problem but to be honest I would never ask as I simply find it a personal matter and have very little interest in it so long as its not crazy cash which I know it won't be as we have never been that sort of club .

Good signing for beith and a warm welcome to our club goes out to Sean McKenna.

with exception of couple in our league the overall structure of wages in our league is all around the same. How we utilise it as a club is obviously the key. I wound up some Pollok fans about wages but knew overall it was very similar to Kilbirnies..0I also know Beith is very similar overall to us.. thing is our top earner will be on more than maybe your top earner but means we gotta balance others out.. as for rrg comment about more than years ago. afraid this is true. Management don't take anything so we can afford bit more. Still around same as what Tommy had but if took wage.infact he was our highest earner .. This reason it looks from outside like we higher payers now. Not happening just management not taking frees up extra for players and congrats to our management for that

Archived