Stirling Albion v Dunfermline Athletic

Hoping the weather clears up a bit today, especially as if the game's rotten you get a braw view out to the Ochils.

Team I'd go with:

Scully

Williamson

Buchanan

Urquhart

Whittle

Falkingham

Spence

Forbes

Stirling

Ugwu

Moffat

Though you could switch Ugwu for Faissal. Won't be easy but confident of a win.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win's a win. Not vintage but happy with the result.

I felt we controlled the ball for long spells but didn't do a lot with it; we had a couple of good chances first half and maybe one in the second when Ugwu went round the keeper, but although Stirling didn't cause us many problems, Scully still had to produce an excellent save to keep it 0-0.

I felt we were too one-paced, our first touch at times was poor and we never looked like breaching their defence. As I say, happy we won but we really need to improve significantly for Ayr United on Friday.

Not at all pretty but will take the points.

Really need to improve on Friday if we are to take anything.

Baffling decision making from Jefferies again with regards to the starting line up and his substitutions

Well we managed to keep it at 0-0 for eighty minutes until Dunfermline scored their first goal. The sending off of Craig Wedderburn a few minutes later did not help and the second Dunfermline goal rather summed up our afternoon. We tried hard but did not have much success up front. Hoped for something today but after they scored their was no way back for us. Fortunately for us results elsewhere means we still are in 2nd bottom spot 1 point ahead of the bottom team.

Next week we travel to Greenock to play Morton and unless we can find something up front then I can`t see us getting anything their.

3 points are all that matters really but it wasn't a great performance, i did feel we created enough for the game to be won earlier but moffat and ugwu didn't take their chances. Defensively urquhart didn't fill me with confidence and it was clear he was out of sync with the rest of the defence, he will need to be much better on friday.

I was nice to see bryne playing much closer to his best , he needs to do it more often.

Stirling certainly had a good first half and at the time i felt taking him off for spence was a poor move, however as it allowed falkingham to play further forward it ultimately probably was a good decision, though forbes could have gone off instead.

From the little game time chemin got he looked ok, though its obviously hard to judge.

Was tempted to go down for this one, but work means it'd be too tight to get back up in time. Shiter, only been to Forthbank once and it was one of the opening games of the season, absolutely shagged them 5-1 with an Andy Kirk hat-trick.

I'll say 2-0, Ugwu and Moffat to get the goals.

Is it possible to see the boy from PSG making an appearance?

Guess who didnae have a bet on it. :lol:

:(

A good first half hour, a decent last 10 minutes, with a large uninspiring bit in between.

After the earlier comments about Stirling's defending, they have to be credited for being well organised and defending well as a team today. We started well, with Stirling on the left and Williamson on the right both making good runs to make early chances, but once Albion responded to the threat of those two and very effectively stopped anything coming from them, we found it difficult to work space for real goal chances. The other side of that was that they became less of a threat themselves - the now fat hoor Graham Weir was noticeably deep for most of the game after they tightened it up.

Some folk weren't happy with Jefferies putting Spence on for Stirling, but I could see the logic of the change. He'd long since stopped being a threat due to effective defending, so I didn't have a problem changing the shape by putting Spence on and letting the others in midfield get a bit further forward. Putting a more naturally defensive play on does not always make for a shft to a more defensive style.

It was a good win for us after finding it tough going for so long. Still not a great display, but a little better than the utterly turgid stuff of last week. Hopefully the start of a period of improvement, but I guess we'll see at Ayr on Friday f we can improve any more against what most folk would epect to be a better side.

A good first half hour, a decent last 10 minutes, with a large uninspiring bit in between.

After the earlier comments about Stirling's defending, they have to be credited for being well organised and defending well as a team today. We started well, with Stirling on the left and Williamson on the right both making good runs to make early chances, but once Albion responded to the threat of those two and very effectively stopped anything coming from them, we found it difficult to work space for real goal chances. The other side of that was that they became less of a threat themselves - the now fat hoor Graham Weir was noticeably deep for most of the game after they tightened it up.

Some folk weren't happy with Jefferies putting Spence on for Stirling, but I could see the logic of the change. He'd long since stopped being a threat due to effective defending, so I didn't have a problem changing the shape by putting Spence on and letting the others in midfield get a bit further forward. Putting a more naturally defensive play on does not always make for a shft to a more defensive style.

It was a good win for us after finding it tough going for so long. Still not a great display, but a little better than the utterly turgid stuff of last week. Hopefully the start of a period of improvement, but I guess we'll see at Ayr on Friday f we can improve any more against what most folk would expect to be a better side.

JJ gets plenty of flak but last week he made changes but two weeks in a row his subs have made positive impacts.

I'm not sure how relevant how we perform against massed defences is to games against teams who will be more open. Criticism from yesterday and last week is the one-dimensional, same-paced play. Last week Byrne and the young striker boy came on and combined to score a goal from great movement and vision and this week it seems the energy of young Faissal coming on wrapped things up. We won a lot of our points late on last year and had quite a lot of penalties awarded in our favour and red cards for opponents.

Maintaining a decent return of points is, for me, more important than performances this season. Both defeats have been followed by a victory and I think that sort of resilience is probably more important than playing a perfect 90 minutes.

Have to echo the performance and result correlation with others. We have to win the league this season, don't give a shiny shite how we get the wins, as long as we finish 1st that's all that matters so we can get out this hell.

Sounds like teams are starting to realise that without Williamson's runs we are incredibly flat and predictable.

Good to see JJ doing something to improve it, hopefully this new guy makes it as we will then have two wingers.

Didn't think we played too well, Forbes frustrates the life out of me as much as any player in recent memory. Big shame that Hubby never stayed basically to accomodate him.

Good to get the 3 points, might find that in the last 20 or so minutes in games that the full time fitness kicks in and sees us pick up points in those circumstances.

Great travelling support.

Archived