Poll tax

SFLKING

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here it is. Salmond destroyed him

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p027v2p8

Listen to all 15 minutes

That's tremendous. Apparently, the councillor was making a bit of a billy-big-time meal of the show prior to Salmond phoning in.

It would be a laugh if Salmond spent some of his time after being FM just kicking ass and taking names -- swooping in and getting guys like that tellt.

That's tremendous. Apparently, the councillor was making a bit of a billy-big-time meal of the show prior to Salmond phoning in.

It would be a laugh if Salmond spent some of his time after being FM just kicking ass and taking names -- swooping in and getting guys like that tellt.

I doubt if he's be content with that. Banning people from having a contrary opinion is more his style

I doubt if he's be content with that. Banning people from having a contrary opinion is more his style

Not really, Salmond's never been one for shutting down an argument, basically becuase his conceit is there isn't an argument out there he can't win. Whatever you think of him ,try and dislike him for real reasons than imagined ones. His willingness to engage with anyone on anything stands him as one of the great parliamentarians of this or any other age.

Not really, Salmond's never been one for shutting down an argument, basically becuase his conceit is there isn't an argument out there he can't win. Whatever you think of him ,try and dislike him for real reasons than imagined ones. His willingness to engage with anyone on anything stands him as one of the great parliamentarians of this or any other age.

After Jim Murphy was pelted with an egg, he instructed people to ignore him completely and when asked to condemn it, he started talking about the threats he's received. I know what I think of him and he's worked at exploiting a very nasty side of nationalism for political gain. I'm delighted that he's going

You wasting your time I think.

I am wondering if this poster is actually Johann Lamont - this poster appeared around the same time as she went missing and makes arguments without any rational thought or evidence.

And further evidence:

I'm delighted that he's going

:lol:

After Jim Murphy was pelted with an egg, he instructed people to ignore him completely and when asked to condemn it, he started talking about the threats he's received. I know what I think of him and he's worked at exploiting a very nasty side of nationalism for political gain. I'm delighted that he's going

Has he f**k. Your as well looking at the actions of those on the other side, whether it was the salmond death threats or the attacks in Glasgow after the referendum and claim any Unionist politician who didn't explicitely condemn those were tapping into a very nasty side of British nationalism as well.

As for Murphy, h asked that Yes activist ignore him and not to crowd him, indeed to refrain from pelting him so tha this argument could in fact, be heard. So yeah, there's Salmond trying to shut down contrary opinion, by making sure the contrary opinion has a platform fre eof interference to make it's case form. Guid wan.

Having won the referendum and seen Salmond resign you'd think this banterous dude would be away as fast as he appeared.

The fact the yes campaign refuse to pack it in, tens of thousands of new members for independence supporting parties and the SNP fucking miles ahead in the polls and no he's still here. Seething.

He's like the apprentice of OBE in the herald. It's entertaining in a slightly sad way.

Has he f**k. Your as well looking at the actions of those on the other side, whether it was the salmond death threats or the attacks in Glasgow after the referendum and claim any Unionist politician who didn't explicitely condemn those were tapping into a very nasty side of British nationalism as well.

As for Murphy, h asked that Yes activist ignore him and not to crowd him, indeed to refrain from pelting him so tha this argument could in fact, be heard. So yeah, there's Salmond trying to shut down contrary opinion, by making sure the contrary opinion has a platform fre eof interference to make it's case form. Guid wan.

Menzies Campbell condemned them and both sides were at fault.

Salmond told people to ignore Jim Murphy and did that very evasive thing of bringing up events that had made him feel threatened. If he had any integrity he'd have condemned them outright but he doesn't

Having won the referendum and seen Salmond resign you'd think this banterous dude would be away as fast as he appeared.

The fact the yes campaign refuse to pack it in, tens of thousands of new members for independence supporting parties and the SNP fucking miles ahead in the polls and no he's still here. Seething.

He's like the apprentice of OBE in the herald. It's entertaining in a slightly sad way.

:lol: Oh yeah and of course all these new members will be represented by one voice.......

Nicola Sturgeon - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Salmond told people to ignore Jim Murphy and did that very evasive thing of bringing up events that had made him feel threatened. If he had any integrity he'd have condemned them outright but he doesn't

Menzies Campbell :lol:

That is not what happened.

:lol: Oh yeah and of course all these new members will be represented by one voice.......

Nicola Sturgeon - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get the lol?

Unless you seriously believe lamont, Rennie or Davidson are a match for her? No wait, I'll give you Davidson but she's a Tory so nobody gives a f**k really.

All the SNP have to do in the meantime to win an increased amount of seats next year and scoosh holyrood the year after is show labour up for the shower of useless lying fucks they are. The defence of poll tax collection after advocating non payment at the time and the delivery of next to f**k all with the vow should be enough to finish them off.

Anyone who claims that the Scottish Government is 'encouraging tax evasion' or words to that effect is either completely unaware of what the Poll Tax was, being deliberately obtuse or trolling.

Yeah, the Labour party, apparently.

Anyone who claims that the Scottish Government is 'encouraging tax evasion' or words to that effect is either completely unaware of what the Poll Tax was, being deliberately obtuse or trolling.

So say the SNP brought in a law that meant that the general public were to pay a tax to their local councils and it gets revoked due to protests, does that mean that citizens are exempt from paying it??? Years later they register to vote and they're found to be in arrears for this tax. Do they pay for it then??? Tell you what mate, get a grip and start looking at the World more objectively.

Salmond is doing this to make sure that he doesn't lose any votes. Plain and simple

So say the SNP brought in a law that meant that the general public were to pay a tax to their local councils and it gets revoked due to protests, does that mean that citizens are exempt from paying it??? Years later they register to vote and they're found to be in arrears for this tax. Do they pay for it then??? Tell you what mate, get a grip and start looking at the World more objectively.

Salmond is doing this to make sure that he doesn't lose any votes. Plain and simple

... and if we apply the same logic to the councils, run by Labour and the Tories intent on chasing a 21 year old tax that had been scraped decades ago, we may conclude that they are trying to frighten folk back off the register who they think could come out and vote for someone who isn't them, 7 months from now.

Simple fact is that chasing the fucking poll tax of all things is inherently cynical.

Archived